A data model is an abstract representation of data requirements, from documentation to structure.
A common misconception is that the model is only a graphic, though in reality it a complete
language of how to communicate the structure. A model usually has
Using Support Materials
Why we need support materials:
1. Use them to back up our main idea
2. Helps the audience remember key ideas
3. Helps the audience understand better
4. To make it more interesting
5. To give more information about somethi
I chose to take the Race IPT and the Gay IPT survey tests for written assignment 2. During both
IPTs I feel as though the results does not exactly match up to my personality or personal beliefs.
I received an assessment of being strong automatic preferenc
2013 May COM-330-OL010
First, I would like to start out by saying that I originally did not have any intentions on taking
this course. I am dual enroll in both Thomas Edison and Charleston Southern and am taking a
Public Speaking Course at Ch
Why Should You Join
General Purpose Statement: To persuade
Specific Purpose Statement: To convince my audience that joining the military is good career
The Military is great and has a lot to offer soldiers.
1. Attention Ge
The important of organization
Helps us understand
Help us remember later
Help us be credible
When organizing your speech:
1. Present your information in a number of main points
2. Limit the number of main points(3-4)
3. Restrct each main point to a single
The Audience-Centered Speaker: one who puts communication with the audience as the highest
priority, and tries to make his/her speech connect at all times.
1. Prepare a separate audience analysis each time
2. Customize different parts of the the speech fo
Those trhat gives the latest news in a bfirld
You can ask question that are on target and yielding good information
1. Your specific purpose should focus your research. Use it to make your job easier and
2. A librarian c
The OSI model is broken down into seven layers. Each layer has its own specific job and
responsibilities. They are numbered from bottom (1) to top (7). The seven layers are as follows:
2. Data link
The Oxford English Dictionary defines language as the means of human communication,
consisting of the use of spoken or written words in a structure way. So language in a
relationship between two people could most likely be described as the communication b
Ethos studied global warning and was a sentor and a vice president
Pathos- use of sister and son as emotion gather
Logos graphs but a lot is fake, Anglia-Ruskia Univ.
Vis images pics and cartoons
Language not a lot, but accent is more livily(persona)
Rhetorical Situation Reason you write (red section)
Genres categories of writing (light green)
1. Memoirs personal memory
2. Reports giving information
3. Argument essay - thesis, sources for evidence,
4. Abstract 300 words summary
5. Processes how to do
Chapter 5 and Chapter 15 Notes
Topic is a general idea of what you want to talk about.
1. Pick a topic you care about
2. Pick a topic you know a lot about (or can learn in a short amount of time)
a. Gives more information
b. Makes you more rel
1. What technology services does Amazon provide? Simple Storage Service, Elastic
Compute Cloud, Amazon Web Services, Amazon Machine Image
What are the business advantages to Amazon and to subscribers of these services? S3 is
a data storage service which g
1. The technological advancements made. Chain of Command infrastructure.
Dissimulation of information from higher ups to ground troops.
2. The technology was less effective than advertised. Units often outrun the range of high
capacity communications rela
Case Study 1 pg. 50-51
1. Network integration of its systems and improving productivity.
2. Maintenix provides a system platform that is accessible via the web and easy to deploy to
all station around the world.
3. An Air Canada technician requests a part
The 7 parts of communication (in more detail)
Speaker- person who is sending a message
Reciever- person or people receiving a message
Message- what is being communicated
Channel- the method of transmission
Feedback- the response of the