Chapter 15 Quiz:
1. Which of the following is a study that is meant to show cause and effect?
2. Sams Sandwich Shack recently conducted two focus groups, each with 6 customers and a
moderator. Sam believes he gathered enough feedback from th
Chapter 11 Quiz:
In a(n) _, a brand is mentioned and its features, attributes, and image portrayal are conveyed in the message.
Companies advertise in many different ways. Which of the following is NOT a likely method of adverti
Chapter One Quiz:
Which of the following is NOT a question that each chapter in the textbook answers?
What do you need to do to market your own business?
Due to marketings s
Chapter 9 Quiz:
Marketers frequently use _ to try to estimate likely results of various actions, most frequently
price cuts and competitive response.
a. Game theory
Which of the following is NOT true about the price-sensitive segment?
a. Theyll buy
Chapter Two Quiz:
1. During the purchase phase for a new computer, Larry creates a _ that includes Apples
Macbook Pro and Microsofts Windows 7, but does not include Linux systems.
a. Consideration set
2. When an ad is shown for such a short time that does
Chapter 14 Quiz:
1. As Quentin checks out of a hotel, he recalls the expectations of quality and service he had upon
arriving at the hotel, and realizes that based on those expectations he is not thrilled with his
experience. The type of purchase by Quent
Chapter 17 Quiz:
1. A CEO says, I believe that a focus on this customer base fits with our strategic corporate goals.
What is he talking about?
2. In order to truly know its customers, a company should strive to obtain fresh, primary data on
Chapter 10 Quiz:
When different types of retailers are competing, its called _ competition.
Apple computers used to be in the business of manufacturing only, but then they opened Apple stores. This
is an example of which of the foll
Chapter 12 Quiz:
1. Hammer & Nails Co. is a large chain of home improvement stores on the East coast. Evidence
suggests that its television commercials are less effective in reaching its target audience than in
past years. The marketing department believe
1. Retailers are categorized by their level of service, which tends to be positively related to their
2. Channel members frequently bicker over prices and margins.
3. Selectivity in channels offers additional bene
Chapter 16 Quiz:
1. Which strategy in the Ansoff Product-Market Growth Matrix combines current markets and new
a. Product development
2. Brand X is not performing well (i.e., low market share) in a high growth industry. Brand X is a
Chapter 13 Quiz:
1. The easiest and most common way to characterize _ in a social network is to count the
number of connections each actor has with the others in the network.
What does KPI stand for?
a. Key Pe
Chapter 5 Quiz:
1. Broadcast Yourself is what websites positioning statement?
2. When you are writing a positioning statement, if you dont have real differences and cannot
see a way to create them, then you can create a difference b
Chapter 3 Quiz:
If one element of an iterative segmentation is a smart marketer, what is the other?
a. Good customer data
Which of the following is NOT a psychological factor?
Marketers identify segments best when iterating between two
Chapter 8 Quiz:
Focus groups and web surveys are used mostly during which phase of product development?
a. Concept testing
_ is the path we take when were settled on our product mix and we think there are more
segment opportunities to target.
Chapter 6 Quiz:
Marketer 1 is marketing soft pretzels. Marketer 2 is marketing for a local amusement park. Why might their
a. Marketer 1 has a tangible product, white marketer 2 has an intangible product.
As Chris arrives at the a
Chapter 7 Quiz:
Which of the following is not a source to use to value a brand?
Mac user groups are an example of _.
A brand community
Which of the following is
Chapter 4 Quiz:
1. Company ABCs brands and products have perceived strengths, and its marketing
department needs to consider what they can do to assure that these will be sustainable
a. Competitive advantages
2. Company ABC is attempting to project the
(Intro) Discuss gender identity. What is the difference between ones sex and ones gender?
(P1) What are some of the different terms (e.g., feminine, androgynous) which apply to describe
gender and gender roles? How does one develop a sense of gender? Cons
One, by Kendra Frorup (2011) is a mixed media piece that includes the use of paper wood and wax to
create a truly beautiful piece. Kendra Frorup is an artist who was born in the Bahamas and her birthplace
has inspired her not only in life but in her artis
Big picture. (Current Controversy)
Some people argue A. (Opponents)
Some people argue B. (Proponents/Your
Whats at stake? Warrant.
Despite A, we should do B because C.
Note: Term C from the thesis represents
I was immediately attracted to this piece truthfully because it was the first on the list which was perfect
for me considering I had no real preference this one seemed like the easiest to analyze for this paper. My
first impression was this is very soft a
Every day I drive to main campus I get a warm and always familiar greeting. It would be
important to note that it is the very same greeting many others receive when arriving on FGCUs
campus. Raymond Lutgerts sculpture Human Race is located on the exterior
RUNNING HEAD: CHAPTER 16 VIDEO CASE
Florida Southwestern State College
Chapter 16 Video Case
CHAPTER 16 VIDEO CASE
After watching the chapter 16 video case about Bitter Girls, I have identified several concepts
RUNNING HEAD: CHAPTER 14
Florida Southwestern State College
Chapter 14 Video Case
CHAPTER 14 VIDEO CASE
Mountain Dew was created in the 1940s. It is a citrus flavored carbonated soft drink invented by
Barney and Ally Hartman
Joe Hill MAR-301
Written Assignment 1
A: The industry I chose for Porters 5 forces model is the automotive industry. The threat
of new competition: In the auto manufacturing industry, this is usually a pretty low threat.
Factors to examine for this threat
Joe Hill MAR-301
Written Assignment 2
A: Actual User
Actual user is a person who actually uses the vendors product. These people are typically shop
floor individuals. They could be foreman and workmen in a factory, lab technicians and chemists
in a chemic
Joe Hill MAR-301
Written Assignment 3
When looking at my family as a market segment, I will first look at our geographic
segmentation. Our geographic segmentation is based in a mid-sized suburban area in the
Southeastern NJ, or the Jersey Shore. Our de
Three Year Marketing PlanBlue
Mountain Spring Water, Inc.
Throughout the semester you will complete incrementally segments of a
final project that you must submit at the end of the course: a marketing
Your marketing plan will feature Bl