Chapter 2: Terms Pertaining to the Body
as a Whole
Key Learnings from Chapter 2
Cell is smallest living thing. Know the cell structure (p32)
and be familiar with the four types of cells (p36). The cell
nucleus controls cell operations.
With the exception
A. Using the following terms, trace the path of urine from the renal arterioles (bloodstream) to the
point at which urine leaves the body. The first answer is provided
2. Glomerular capsule
3. Renal tubule
A. Complete the following sentences
1. Bones are composed of a type of connective tissue called
2. Bone cells are called
3. The bones of a fetus are composed mainly of
4. Immature bone cells called _ produce bony tissue.
5. Immature bone cells called _ di
Male Reproductive System
A. Using the terms below, fill in the flow chart showing the passage of sperm
1. Seminiferous tubules
3. vas deferens
4. ejaculatory duct
B. Select from the following terms to ma
Female Reproductive System
Female reproductive system
A. Match the following terms for structures or tissues with their meanings below.
Inner lining of the uterus endometrium
A. Match the following structures with their descriptions below
1. Valve that lies between the right atrium and the right ventricle tricuspid valve
2. Smallest blood vessel capillary
3. Carries oxygenated blood fro
A. Match the following cells with their definitions as given below.
1. Mononuclear white blood cell (agranulocyte) formed in lymph tissue; it is a phagocyte and
the precursor of a macrophage monocyte
2. Thrombocyte or cell fragment that help
TERMS PERTAINING TO THE
BODY AS A WHOLE
A. The listed terms are part of a cell. Match each term with its correct meaning.
1. Material of the cell located outside the ucleus and yet enclosed by the cell membrane
Basic Word Structure
Assignment # 1 Basic Word Structure
1. Word beginnings are called prefixes.
2. Word endings are called suffixes.
3. The foundation of a world is known as the root.
4. A letter linking a suffix and a ro