Chapter 1 Quiz:
Determine whether each statement is true or false. If the statement is false, explain why.
1. The height of President Lincoln is an example of a variable. (T)
2. The variable age is an example of a qualitative variable. (F) Quantitative
A manufacturing company uses an acceptance scheme on production items before they are shipped. The plan is atwostage one. Boxes of 25 are readied for shipment and a sample of 3 is tested for defectives. If any defectives re fou
The random variable X has the probability density function:
f ( x)
Find the value of k? , E (x), V (x), Cumulative distribution function & P 1
A discrete random variable has a Binomial distribution with paramete
Example # 01:
Consider following frequency distribution:
1. Find out Mean, Median, and Mode?
2. Find out Variance and standard deviation?
To find out median we always find median group fi
Assignment on Probability
1) A standard deck of playing cards consists of 52 cards in four suits: clubs, diamonds,
hearts, and spades. Each suit has 13 cards, with denominations ace, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7,
8, 9, 10, jack, queen, and king. The jack, queen, and