1. pp. see pages 4748.ISBN
2. s West: success in English in Goa and on
the Konkan Coast. pp. 2530.
3. Jump up^ "Commissioner Linguistic
Minorities (originally from Indian Census,
2001)". Archived from the original on 8
4. ^ Jump up to:a b Ca
1. 29 December 2010. Retrieved 17
2. Jump up^ "Cordo do Bola Preta in Rio".
Carnaval.uol.com.br. Retrieved 17
3. Jump up^ "Brazilian Music: Roots 3".
Maria-brazil.org. Retrieved 6 May 2009.
4. Jump up^ "The Top 10 Music
Sancardia Shopping Centre
The Grove Shopping Centre*
Wonderboom Junction Shopping Centre
Wonderpark Shopping Centre*
Note: Malls marked with an asterisk are malls with at leas
2. . Retrieved 17 April 2010.
3. Jump up^ 
4. Jump up^ Behague, Gerard. "Rap,
Reggae, Rock, or Samba: The Local and
the Global in Brazilian Popular
Music (19851995)." Latin American
Music Review 27, no. 1 (Spring/Summer
5. Jump up^ Sanso
products. Leaseholders at the Wharf of
Rio de Janeiro Metro Station.
Santa Teresa Tram.
The most geographically close sister city to Rio that is on the
other side of Guanabara Bay is Niteri. Many people who live in
Niteri, as well its neighbouring munic
Old Counsel Chambers or the "Raadsaal" of the ZAR
Pretoria was founded in 1855 by Marthinus Pretorius, a leader of the Voortrekkers, who named it after
his father Andries Pretoriusand chose a spot on the banks of the "Apies rivier" (Afrikaans for "Monkeys
1. September 2014.
2. ^ Jump up to:a b "Mximo Absoluto de
Precipitao Acumulada (mm)" (in
Portuguese). Brazilian National Institute
of Meteorology. Archived from the
original on 8 May 2014. Retrieved8
3. Jump up^ "Temperatura desta quarta n
1. Jump up^
2. . Agenciabrasil.ebc.com.br. Retrieved15
3. ^ Jump up
to:a b http:/laboratoriogene.info/Ciencia_H
4. Jump up^ "Negros e pardos do Rio tm
mais genes europeus do que imaginam,
segundo estudo". Meion
1. Retrieved 18 July 2007.
2. Jump up^ Alvares, Clayton Alcarde;
Stape, Jos Luiz; Sentelhas, Paulo
3. September 2014. Retrieved 2
4. Jump up^ "Brazil's worst drought in
history prompts protests and blackouts".
The Guardian. 23 January 2015.
"International Trade by Section for Rio de Janeiro
(2014)", DataViva, Retrieved 17 June 2015.
1. Jump up^ per capita income (PDF) (in
Portuguese). Rio de Janeiro, Brazil:
IBGE. 2005. ISBN 85-240-3919-1.
Retrieved 21 July 2009.
2. Jump up^ "Worldwide Cost
Pretoria houses several performing arts venues including:
The South African State Theatre which houses the arts of Opera, musicals, plays and comedic
Atterbury Theatre in Lynnwood Bridge.
The Brooklyn Theatre
Rio de Janeiro has two subway lines (Metr Rio) with 42
kilometres (26 mi) and 32 stations plus severalcommuter
rail lines. Future plans include building a third subway line
to Niteri and So Gonalo, including an
) of theFederal University of Rio de Janeiro
2. . Infraero. Archived from the original on
23 April 2008. Retrieved 17 April 2010.
3. Jump up^ "National Airport of Rio de
Janeiro". Infraero. Archived from the
original on 21 May 2008. Retrieved 17
April 2010.[dead link]
4. Jump up^ "
1. with different content (see the help
2. Jump up^ Gune, V.T (1979). Gazetteer
of the union territory of Goa Daman and
Diu, part 3,Diu. Gazetteer of the union
territory of Goa. p. 21.
3. ^ Jump up to:a b c d Saradesya Publisher,
/Martial art Capoeira is very popular.
aviation. Located on Guanabara Bay
Force airbase. Formerly called Bartolomeu
de Gusmo Airport, it was built by
theLuftschiffbau Zeppelin. Today it is one of
the most important Air Force Bases in Brazil;
uncil was banned consequently from placing any advertisements in the South African media that refer to
Tshwane as the capital. ASA may still place additional sanctions on the Metro Council that would prevent
it from placing any advertisements in the South
e are marching to Pretoria, Pretoria, Hurrah."
The opening line of John Lennon's Beatles' song I Am the Walrus, "I am he as you are he as you are me
and we are all together," is often believed to be based on the lyric "I'm with you and you're with me
1. Jump up^ "Sensao trmica no Rio de
Janeiro chega a 50C nesta tera-feira"
[Rio de Janeiro will be feeling like 50C
this Tuesday] (in Portuguese). Yahoo!
Notcias. 25 December 2012.
Retrieved 25 June 2013.
2. Jump up^ "Sensao trmica no Rio
ultrapassa os 50
intermittently from the Marina da Glria, Centro, through
Flamengo, Copacabana and Ipanema, to Barra da Tijuca and
, Ukraine 
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Miami Beach, Florida, United States
Natal, Brazil 
Newark, New Jer
1. . Archived from the original on 17
December 2007. Retrieved 10
2. Jump up^ "SuperVia". SuperVia.
Retrieved 16 October 2010.
3. Jump up^ "Passagem de nibus sobe
de R$ 2,50 para R$ 2,75 no Rio". G1. 2
January 2012. Retrieved 9 May
1. "Portuguese descent in the city of Rio de
janeiro and Brazil". Presidencia.pt.
Retrieved17 April 2010.
2. Jump up^ "Brasil 500 anos".
.ibge.gov.br. Archived from the original on
23 May 2008. Retrieved6 May 2009.[dead
3. Jump up^ Os lusadas na ave
just a few blocks from the heart of downtown
Rio, during the 1990s Santos-Dumont began
to outgrow its capacity, besides diverging
from its specialization on short-hop flights,
offering routes to other destinations in Brazil.
For this reason, in late 2004
wherever they exist, are very much preferable to riding in the
1. , Fast Track, BBC World News (11
2. Jump up^ "BBC Sport, Rio to stage 2016
Olympic Games". BBC News. 2 October
2009. Retrieved 4 October 2009.
3. Jump up^ Jo
Mexico City, Mexico
Panama City, Panama
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
San Jose, Costa Rica
San Juan, Puerto Rico
San Salvador, El Salvador
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Rio de Ja
the Cashew operate terminals for roll-on/roll-off cargoes,
containers, and liquid bulk. In 2004, the Port of Rio de Janeiro
handled over seven million tons of cargo on almost 1700 vessels.
In 2004, the Port of Rio de Janeiro handled over two million tons
2. me "konk" defined multiple times
3. . Motilal Banarsidass Publ.
4. ^ Jump up to:a b c d e f g Cardona, George
(2007). The Indo-Aryan Languages.
Routledge. p. 1088.ISBN 978-0-41577294-5.
5. Jump up^ Masica (1991:97)
6. ^ Jump up
to:a b c d e f g h i
1. . [i.u di neju] is possibly the way
most Brazilians, and particularly
most cariocas, would actually pronounce
it. The European
Portuguese pronunciation is: [i.u
2. Jump up^ "Rio de Janeiro: travel guide".
Retrieved 14 May 2015.
3. Jump up^
he defence of the city just prior to the Second Boer War. Though some of these forts are today in ruins, a
number of them have been preserved as national monuments.
Union of South Africa
Main article: Union of South Africa
The Boer Republics of the