BUSI 6041 Assignment 1- HR Case Study
May 30, 2015
In the case study The HR Department Challenge, a company called AnyoneCan, Inc.
has been merged with another company called Buttercup Field Homestores. In order to
avoiding overlap of act
1. Argued that the major activities of
management and leadership are
played out differently; but both are
essential to an organization:
2. Argued that leaders and managers
are distinct; they are different
1. It is accurate to say that SLII is
C) Well supported by research.
D) Trait related.
E) Follower focused.
2. You are president of a large
corporation. At a typical monthly
meeting each of your vice
1. Transformational leadership does NOT
A) Create a connection between leaders and
B) Increase the motivation and morality of
C) Help followers reach their full potential.
D) Inadequately raise the level of motivation
and morality in
1. According to early LMX theory, which of the following is
A) The out-group has less influence with the leader than
does the in-group.
B) The leader usually expects extra duties from out-group
C) In-group members are chosen on the basis o
Servant leadership has been called a paradox because
It is not a trait, but a behavior that can be learned.
It asks leaders to serve and influence others at the same time.
It is both a theory and an approach.
Followers grow while being s
1. Which scholar(s) created the
B) Blake and Mouton
C) French and Raven
E) Ohio State University
2. Jim is a manager of a Wendy's. He
is very concerned with efficiency
and with making employees happy.
1. The Skills approach takes a
_ on leadership,
like the trait approach.
A) Leader-follower centered
C) Situational-centered perspective
D) Follower-centered perspective
E) Leader-centered perspective
1. Path-goal theory could be best described as a
A) Great person theory
B) Transformational theory
C) Motivational theory
D) Trait theory
E) Style theory
2. Path-goal theory suggests all of the following
A) That task and subordinate characteristic
1. Developed a model of emotionally
B) Judge et al.
C) Jung and Sosik
E) Shankman and Allen
2. Found a strong relationship
between the Big Five traits and
B) Judge et al.
C) Jung and S