RESOLVING DISPUTES AND NAVIGATING
CANADAS COURT SYSTEM
Chapter 2 Learning Objectives
Negotiationhow to resolve business disputes
Mediationhow to resolve business disputes
Arbitrationhow to resolve c
Chapter 6 Review Questions
1. In a sole proprietorship there is no legal separation between the person and the business.
2. A sole proprietorship is created as soon as someone opens a business that interacts with the
Chapter 1-4 Review Slides
Chapter 1 Laws Affecting Business
Describe how law affects and relates to business
Describe how the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms is
relevant to business
Understand the importance of legal risk mana
Chapter 5-7 Review Slides
Chapter 5 Sale of Goods and Consumer
Effect of Business Practices and Consumer Protection Act
(BPCPA) on conditions, warranties, title, and remedies for
Effects of e-com
Chapter 8-9 Review Slides
Chapter 8 Property Law
Define and discuss property law
Ownership vs. Possession the difference
Define personal, real, and intellectual property
Explore concepts around
Chapter 8 Review Questions
1. Public property is owned by the government.
2. Property law affects all businesses that own or deal in property by defining the risks assumed by the ownership or
possession of property.
3. Different peop
Chapter 5 Review Materials
1. Consumer protection law is much narrower in scope than sale of goods law.
3. In BC, the Business Practices and Consumer Protection Act is the principal statute that governs
commercial sales transactions.