First stage of memory. Info comes into to sensory for less than a second.
Part of sensory memory, it is the memory of images.
Part of sensory memory, it is the memory of sounds.
Short term memory:
When a messa
Psychology chapter 12 notes:
Historical emotion theories:
- William James and Carl Lange
- One of the earliest emotional theories
- Arousal comes before emotion
- We feel emotion because of biological changes
- Sam sees a shark, Sams b
Biology, Behavior, and Mind:
- Franz Gall proposed phrenology, studying bumps on the skull
- Neurons are made up of dendrites, which receive information and pass it to the cell
body, the messages goes through the axon fiber where it is then passe
Chapter 1 notes:
- Hindsight Bias- when we think we knew something all along, after we have seen an
outcome with get used to it and therefore we think it is obvious
- Overconfidence- we think we know more than we actually do
Chapter 5 Notes:
- Adolescence is the transition period from childhood to adulthood.
- Starts with physical changes of puberty and ends with the social achievement of
- Puberty- the time when we mature sexu
Chapter 3 notes:
Brain States and Consciousness
- Consciousness- an awareness of ourselves and our environment
- Cognitive neuroscience- the interdisciplinary study of the brain activity linked with
- Relates the state of the brain with the cons
Learning that certain events occur together
The unconditional stimulus is food and the unconditional response to just food is salivation.
The conditional stimulus is the bell once the animal figured
Transform sensory signals into neural impulses. These neural impulses first travel through the
Sensory adaptation and habituation:
Getting less and less responsive to a stimulus due to constant stimulation. The more we f
Chapter 14 notes:
Deeply processing the content of a persuasive message. We look at all the facts
Indirect message of persuasion, two people eating happily at a restaurant. We look at all the
Attitude does not perf