Tutorial Sheet No. 2
1. An n n matrix A = [aij ] is called symmetric if aij = aji for all pairs of (i, j),
1 i, j n. Let A and B be symmetric matrices of the same size. Show that
AB is a symmetric matrx if and only if AB = BA.
2. A square matrix A = [aij
brand is a name, term, symbol
or design, or combination of these
that identifies a sellers product
and serves to differentiate it from
Characteristics of a strong
are willing to
Define the term product
Classify consumer products
Define the terms product item,
product line and product mix
Describe marketing uses of branding
packaging and labeling
What is a product?
Explain why marketing managers
2 Analyse the components of the
the consumers postpurchase evaluation process
4 Identify the types
Fundamentals of Marketing
SESSION 1 & 2
Define the term marketing
Explain the five competing
impact on marketing strategy
Purpose and Scope of Marketing Research
MR on consumers is more essential for marketers of
Services marketers like hotels, banks, airlines, tourism
companies normally try to know their customers
Analysing the marketing environment
A firm gathers all relevant information from the
Analyses it in details in order to extract the required
Analyses both the mega environment as well as the
Dividing a heterogeneous market
is obvious that a market for a
product is heterogeneous.
Green Ox- Questions for discussion
(1) How could this market be segmented? From Green Oxs perspective, what are the pros
and cons of each?
(2) Which particular segment do you expect Green Ox to focus on? Why?
(3) Describe and defend a positioning statemen
Louis Vuitton in Japan- Questions for discussion
What has made Louis Vuittons business model successful in the Japanese market?
What are the opportunities and Challenges for Louis Vuitton in Japan?
What are the specifics of the Japanese fa
Reeds Supermarket: A new wave of Competitors- Questions for discussion
(1) What is Reeds position in the Columbus supermarket? How does a supermarket make
(2) What strategy would be most effective for Reeds moving forward? Is this strategy
ANALYSIS OF THE MARKETING ENVIRONMENT
CASE 2: FLYING HIGH?
QUESTIONS FOR DISCUSSION
1. Use your own research to supplement the information
given in this case study. How have conditions in the
economic environment affected the low-cost airline