CS202A Assignment 1 (Propositional Logic)
Submission Deadline: Nov 2, 3pm
You are expected to submit assignment by submission deadline men-
tioned above. Solutions to all questions will be posted on the course
website soon after the submissi
(a) Give a ND proof of x(x) ` x(x) ),
where x 6 f ree().
(b) Convert the following formula in prenex normal form.
xy(A(x) B(y) yx(A(x) B(y)
Q2 Consider the following formulae.
1. xR(x, x)
2. xyz(R(x, y) R(y, z) R(x, z)
3. xyR(x, y)
Propositional Logic and Infinite Domains
Consider simple propositions:
1. The successor of 0 is greater than 0;
2. The successor of 1 is greater than 1;
3. The successor of 2 is greater than 2;
4. The successor of 3 is greater than 3;
5. The successor of