1. Draw the pi-molecular orbitals for 1,3,5-hexatriene and identify the HOMO and LUMO.
2. Determine if the compound below has conjugation, aromaticity, both, or neither.
3. Consider the pKa data for the following aromatic N containing systems:
1. For each of the species below, identify the most acidic proton and provide the
structure of the corresponding conjugate base. You might want to draw detailed Lewis
formulas in some cases.
1. Draw all isomers of C3H4Cl2 and identify any enantiomeric pairs(s).
2. The optical rotation of a sample composed of only 2-butanol is determined. obs = - 0.45. D is
known to be 13.52ml/g dm for (+)-2-butanol. If the cell path length was 0.