tRNAs move through the ribosome during the course of protein synthesis. A
tunnel runs through the ribosome, right at the interface between the two
subunits, and the tRNAs enter one side of this tunnel and are propelled along
it during each step of protein
Module 5 Unit 2 Lab (21pts)
1) How do we know that this is the genome of a male?
The 23rd chromosome is an XY chromosome. If this was a female genome then
the 23rd chromosome would be XX.
2) What organism was the first organism to have its genome sequence
HEART LAB (30 pts)
What is the definition of systole?
The period of cardiac cycle when either ventricles or atria is contracting.
What is the definition of diastole?
The period of cardiac cycle when either ventricles or atria is relaxing.
1) What is the electron transport chain?
The electron transport chain is a series of protein complexes embedded in the
2) What happens to electron, captured from donor molecules, in the electron
They are transferre
Introduction to Cellular Respiration Assignment (65 pts.)
1. Define: biological pathway
Biological pathways are molecules working together within cells.
2. What two things do biological pathways promote within cells? (4 points)
Biological pathways promote
between the brain stem & the rear of the cerebrum
regulation & co-ordination
Of movement, posture &
located above the occipital lobe& behind the
associated with movement
December 12, 2016
Temperature and Circadian Rhythm.
Throughout the course of one day, I was able to keep track of my body
temperature every hour. My body temperature was changing based on my
circadian rhythm. Ci
Simple cells, like those found in algae, may only have one or two chloroplasts. More
complex plant cells, however, may contain hundreds. Chloroplasts will sometimes move
around within the cell in order to position themselves to where they can best absorb
The location of ribosomes depends on where a specific protein needs to be made. A ribosome can be
included outside of a cellular membrane in order to make a specific protein (such as producing a
membrane protein). Likewise, ribosomes can be accompanied in
Nephron Lab (28 pts.)
1. Blood enters the glomerulus through what blood vessel?
2. Blood exits the glomerulus through what blood vessel?
3. After flowing through the glomerulus, blood goes next to these two blood