1) What do you think of the idea of Google correlating personal traits from the employees
answers on the survey to their performance, and then using that as the basis for screening
job candidates? In other words, is it or is it nor a
Hw 10: Salary inequities at Acme Manufacturing
1) What would you do if you were Black?
If I were Black, I would have held meeting with the 3 supervisors and would have
convinced them for restructuring the salaries and exchanged thoughts and suggestions
Hw 12: Carter Cleaning Company (guaranteeing fair treatment)
1) What would you if you were Jennifer, and why?
I would set up some policies which prohibit eating, drinking, and smoking and if these
policies are not taken under consideration by these worker
Hw 9: Hotel Paris Case- The new career management system
1) Many hotel jobs are inherently dead end; maids, laundry workers, and valets, for
instance, either have no great aspirations to move up, or are just using these jobs
temporarily, for instance to h
Hw 6: The Out-of-Control interview
1) How would you explain the nature of the panel interview Maria had to endure?
Specifically, do you think it reflected a well-thought-out interviewing strategy on the
part of the firm or carelessness on the part of the
Hw 3: The Hotel Paris Case
1) Based on the hotels stated strategy, list at least four important employee behaviors
for the Hotel Pariss staff.
-Employees with a positive energy who are capable of handling situations when there are
some ups and downs.
Hw 2: Honesty testing at Carter Cleaning Company
1) Based on the information in this case, provide examples, for Siemens, of at least four
strategically required organizational outcomes, and four required workforce
competencies and behaviors.
Hw 1: Jack Nelsons Problem
1) What do you think is causing some of the problems in the banks home office and
A main problem mentioned in the case is the high employee turnover which is due to
hiring new employees as the previous ones resign. I thi
Hw 8: Appraising the Secretaries at Sweetwater U
1) Do you think that the experts recommendations will be sufficient to get most of the
administrators to fill out the rating forms properly? Why? Why not? What
additional actions (if any) do you think will
Hw 11: Inserting the team concept into compensation or not
1) Does the pay-for-performance plan seem like a good idea? Why or why not?
I think this plan is not that bad at all because people within the teams should contribute
their best efforts as theyll
Hw 7: Reinventing the Wheel at Apex Door Company
1) What do you think of Apexs training process? Could it help to explain why
employees do things their way? if so, how?
I think Apexs training process is very unsatisfactory; employees tend to do things the
Hw 4: Trilogy Application Case
1) Identify some of the established recruiting techniques that apparently underlie
Trilogys unconventional approach to attracting talent.
As mentioned in the case, Trilogy enterprises recruiting techniques are reviewing