Course Notes for Ocean Colour Remote Sensing Course
September 11 - 22, 2000
Assoc Professor Mervyn J Lynch
Remote Sensing and Satellite Research Group
School of Applied Science
Curtin University of Te
Chapter 15 Outline
Q) What is a resume?
- Resume is a written marketing tool that briefly summarizes your skills, abilities, education, and
experience for a potential employer.
- The primary purpose of a resume is to get you an interview with an employer.
Chapter 13 Outlines
Q) What are the types of relationships?
- Complementary and symmetrical relationships
- Relationship is a way of connection (or dynamic system of interaction) between two or more
people through communication; relationships are dynamic
Chapter 9 Outlines
Q) When should one use the direct and indirect strategies?
- Direct strategy is used when a positive or neutral news/message is to be delivered. Indirect
strategy is used when
- Direct strategy involves stating the main idea in the begi
What writing processes can one apply?
- Generating ideas and prewriting, strategic writing, outlining and drafting, revising
and redrafting, and proofreading.
- Generating ideas and prewriting allows you to jot down the ideas as they appear in
What is a customized presentation?
- A customized presentation is a planned speech that is designed to the specific needs,
knowledge, perceptions, and background of an audience.
What makes a speech organized?
- An organized speech is divided in
What is a verbal style?
- Verbal style is our designed communication skills which involve our selection of words,
how we shape our message/phrases, our expressions etc.
- There are various verbal communication styles for different purposes depe
What is the context of meaning?
- Context is the physical, social, and psychological situation in which a communication
- Its basically the condition or circumstances that are relevant to an event; you cant get
the full image of a
How do listening and hearing differ?
- Listening is an active process of selecting, attending to, interpreting, and remembering
sounds whereas, hearing is the involuntary physiological process of receiving sound
waves through receptors in the ea
What is Communication Design?
-Communication design is the intrapersonal process of planning for creating meaningful
-It helps you to make sure about what your message is, how it should be conveyed or
designed, and what medium will be
Chapter 2 Outline:
What is Business Communication?
- Business communication is a process of creating structure, relationships, and meaning
through the design of messages and their exchange among goal-oriented employees.
- So basically it is a process of
Chapter 1: Three level outline
1) What is Communication?
- Communication is an interaction which involves engaging in conversations whether
talking face-to-face or by writing to each other, also known as verbal communication, and
Strategic Planning Template
Macro Environment Analysis
1.1 External or Macro Environment Analysis
Review the macro environment and list the trends that may affect your
When completing a macro environment analyses you wil
Chapter 17 Outlines
Q) What is a visual design?
- Visual design is the process of generating and structuring messages using visual elements and
- The primary purpose of any visual image is to communicate a message by stimulating audience