1. Why is it urgent that we develop alternate to fossil fuels?
Harvesting and transporting fossil fuels disturbs and pollutes critical wildlife habitat. Burning fossil fuels creates
air pollution and greenhouse gases that drive global climate change. In a
Aryans (geography, economic, religion, art)
The Aryans were pastoral and nomadic people who spoke Indo-European languages. They called
themselves noble people. By about 1500 BCE, they began to establish small communities throughout
India. They were import
1. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of wind power.
Advantages: Wind produces no emissions once the necessary equipment is manufactured and installed. As a
replacement for fossil fuel combustion in the average U.S. utility generator, run
Discuss the importance of the goods and services that ocean ecosystems provide for humans.
1. The oceans facilitate transportation and commerce, influence global climate, teem with
biodiversity, and provide us with many resources. Oceans provide an afford
1. Define atmospheric deposition in general and explain the causes anad effects of acid deposition.
Atmospheric deposition refers to the wet or dry deposition of a wide variety of pollutants, including
mercury, nitrates, organochlorines, and many others.
1. Briefly describe the three main components of waste management. Which method is preferred?
The preferred approach to waste management is minimizing waste at its source. This is called source reduction.
It includes the more efficient use of resources by
1. Identify and explain the ultimate sources of all of Earths energy.
Most of Earth's energy comes from the sun. We can harness energy from the sun's radiation
directly, but solar radiation also makes possible several other energy sources. Sola
1. How certain are scientists that humans are causing global climate change? Describe the
language used by scientists and some of the particular climate trends they have identified
as changing. If the scientific community is convinced of the evidence, why
1. Discuss the importance of the goods and services that ocean ecosystems provide for
a) The benefits ecosystems provide include food, water, timber, air
purification, soil formation and pollination. But human activities are
12 September 2016
1) Briefly describe the process of speciation, and define allopatric speciation.
Speciation is the process in which new species are generated. In allopatric speciation,
species form from
APUSH Unit #4 Test Review
Identifications (Name Droppers): brief definition and stated significance
War of 1812: A war between the U.S. and Great Britain caused by American outrage over the
impressment of American sailors by the British, the British seizu
26 September 2016
1) Compare and contrast positive and negative feedback loops. Give an example of each and how
common each is in natural systems.
A system's output can serve as input to that same system,
18 October 2016
1. What is the value, to a species, of having genetic diversity?
Genetic diversity is so important because it helps organisms to cope with current
environmental variability, as well as reduces potenti
1. What are the arguments for and against genetically modified crops? Discuss the
scientific, economic, and political issues.
Proponents of GM crops stress continuity with the agricultural past, arguing that there is
1. Why do urbanized societies need stretches of uninhabited and undeveloped land?
Large stretches of undeveloped land outside cities provide natural resources needed to
support urban populations. This includes providing city dwe
19 September 2016
1. What ecological traits do successful invasive species possess? How do these traits
interact to make controlling them difficult?
They are mostly non-native and dominant. Also have incre
24 October 2016
1. Describe the goals and effects of industrial agriculture.
The injection of large amounts of fossil fuels, mechanization of traditional farming
techniques for growing and transporting crops and the d
6 September 2016
Chapter 6-7 Essay Questions
1) Accounting for nonmarket values of ecosystem services may help us make better
environmental and economic decisions. Identify, briefly describe, and give examples of
AP Environmental Science
10 October 2016
1. Why did China institute a population control policy? How is it enforced? Why is it
In the 1970s, China's population swelled due to improved health and food product
Instructions: The main character in each of the scenarios following is displaying cognition at
one of Piaget's developmental stages (sensorimotor, preoperational, concrete operational, or
formal operational). Identify the stage of
Mouse Party: Drugs and Neurotransmitters
How does the drug
alter activity at the
Agonist or antagonist?
They are neurotransagonist- Dopamine, enmitters that control
WHAT WERE THE CHARACTERISTICS OF THE ROARING 20S?
HOW DID THE ROARING 20S HELP CAUSE THE GREAT DEPRESSION?
WHAT WERE THE CAUSES OF THE GREAT DEPRESSION?
WHAT WERE THE CHARACTERISTICS OF THE GREAT DEPRESSION?
HOW DID THE DEPRESSION HELP THE TOTALITARIAN LE
when and where
A. deserts of north africa by the suez canal
B. july 1 - november 5th 1942
countries and leaders
a) montgomery adn auchinleck
1. germany adn italy
why north afr
A. claimed newfoundland
A. visited china 1275 stayed with mongols
A. 7 cities if old
compare UN and League of Nations
A. League of Nations
1. no military power
2. had no power to enforce what t