1. What is the difference between a Code of Ethics and a Code of Conduct?
Code of Ethics: describes and focuses on broad ethical guidelines.
Code of Conduct: extensively describes acceptable behaviors for specific situations tha
1. What are the four diversity dimensions?
1. Permanent Dimension which refers to physical attributes or inclinations people are born
with that do not naturally change over time.
2. Evolving Dimension: individuals can be categor
1. Why is organizational trust so important?
Trust is mandatory for optimization of a system. Without trust, each component will protect its
own long term detriment, and to the detriment of the entire system. Organizational trus
1. What individual characteristics impact ethical beliefs, sensitivities, intentions, and behaviors?
The individual factors that have the largest impact on ethical decision making are:
- having more education
- having more work
1. What are the most common types of unethical behaviors in organizations?
Some of the most common types of unethical behaviors in an organization are:
-Company resource abuse
-Abusive or intimidating behavior toward employees
1. What are William Torberts six management role models, which are associated with the
different stages of moral development?
William Torberts Six Management Role Models:
Stages 1 and 2 (Opportunist): An opportunist is strongly i
1. Why do some employees refuse to report ethical misconduct?
Here are some reasons why employees refuse to report ethical misconduct:
- Being labeled as a troublemaker or viewed negatively
- Damaging a relationship of a coworker
1. How can managers organize work so employees are more engaged with job tasks and
Managers can engage employees by:
Meeting Human Needs: Maslows Hierarchy of needs differentiated five categories of
1. How have federal, state, and municipal governments responded to environmental problems?
The Environmental Defense Fund and the Natural Resources Defense Council, created in 1967
and 1970, focused on legal strategies to protec
1. What are the six-steps of an ethics job screen process?
Six Step Ethics Job Screen Process:
1. Ethics Screen Notice: Inform potential job applicants about the organizations ethics job
2. Legal Ground Rules: Gather and u