Lesson 1 the Nature of Human Resource Management & Legal Environment
1) Summarize the evolution of the human resource function in organizations?
The 20th century witnessed severe labor unrest due to the employment-at-will doctrine and
1) Describe the essential elements of forecasting the supply of and demand for human resources.
2) What are the basic economic conditions that are especially relevant to human resource managers?
3) Explain how organizations c
1) What are the basic human resource management functions in international business?
The basic human resource management functions in international business are avoiding discrimination in
employment, choosing an appropriate s
1) Discuss the historical evolution of labor unions in the United States.
2) Identify and briefly explain each of the major laws affecting unionization in the United States?
A) National Labor Relations Acts: was passed in an
1) Compare and contrast the advantages and disadvantages if internal versus external recruiting.
The advantages of internal recruiting include that it increases motivation and it sustains knowledge and
culture. Employees can
Cultural diversity, organizational characteristics and human resource practices: Functions of
Human Resource Management
Trudy Dunson, Instructor
MGMT 2115, Human Resource Management (61506)
History takes us back to the 18th ce
HMWK 11 Jennifer Baumgardner
April 1, 2015
1) One of the most effective ways to improve any kind of performance is to provide feedback
about how closely a persons behavior matches some criterion, and research shows that
performance is much higher when goa
HMWK 10 Questions 1-3 Leadership-Jennifer Baumgardner
1) Dr. Robert Ginnett of the Center for Creative Leadership has developed the Team Effectiveness
Leadership Model, which can be used to identify what is required for a team to be effective a
HMWK 9 P. 378 1-5 Jennifer Baumgardner
1) Just like everything there are more than one approach or way of doing things. There are five
motivational approaches. These approaches can be used both individuals and teams. The
techniques can also be used to mot
HMWK 7 Chapter 7- Jennifer Baumgardner
1) Competency Models describes behaviors and skills managers need to exhibit if an
organization is to be successful. Just as leaders in different countries may need to exhibit
behaviors uniquely appropriat
HMWK 5-Jennifer Baumgardner
I believe that ones basics philosophy of human nature has a lot to do with ones approach
to leadership. How a person was raised and how a person sees life itself has a lot to do with how
people see other people an
HMWK 4 Leadership-Jennifer Baumgardner
1) A) Legitimate power was used by the stern experimenter who described procedures and
showed participates the equipment for administering punishment. Also coercive power
was by the stern experimenter in d
HMWK 3 Jennifer Baumgardner
1) New Leaders have two critical tasks the first day on the job: to me either new boss or new
team. The first meeting should happen in the bosss office and be about an hour long. You
a. Why is the orga
Employment Law Final Exam Study Guide Chapters 8 - 12
1. Gender discrimination covers both females and males
True Gender discrimination covers both males and females
2. The Pregnancy Discrimination Act
PDA prohibits an employer from using pregnancy, child
Chapter 9 Homework Sexual Harassment
Due March 24
(No Less than 15 and no more than a 110 or so maximum response per answer. Your answer is
determined on the quality, quantity and depth of your answer including examples) Please put your
Employment Law HW Week 2-Jennifer Baumgardner
1) Stare Decisis-A system of using legal precedent state court system-Trail courtintermediate court of appeals- state Supreme Court.
2) The Plaintiff is one who brings a civil action in court.
3) The D
Emp. Law Homework 3
Chap 4 Legal Construction of the Employment Environment
Name_Jennifer Baumgardner 02/03/2015_
PLEASE TYPE FIRST AND LAST/DATE
(Minimum no less than 15 words and no more than Maximum 50 words per question, where applicable)
1. Prior to
Homework Assignment 4
Page 1 of 2
9-5 The firms free cash flow is expected to grow at a constant
rate, hence we can apply a constant growth formula to
determine the total value of the firm.
= FCF1/(WACC g)
= $150,000,000/(0.10 0.05)
With your financial calculator, enter the following:
N = 10; I/YR = YTM = 9%; PMT = 0.08 1,000 = 80; FV = 1000; PV =
VB = ?
PV = $935.82.
7-3 The problem asks you to find the price of a bond, given the fo
Hints: Assigned Chapter 6 Homework Problems
6-3 Expected interest rate.
The real risk-free rate is 3%. Inflation is expected to be 2 percent this year (Year 1) and 4
percent during the next two years (Years 2 and 3). Assume that the maturity risk premium
A stock split will cause a change in the total
dollar amounts shown in which of the following balance sheet accounts (Hint: The answer for this is in Chapter 14, pages 457-458)?
b. Common stock.
c. Paid-in capi