Dr. Leonard Simons
21 September 2016
Is it possible for a female carrier to have a daughter who has hemophilia? Explain your answer
using terms such as sex-linked inheritance, sex-linked genes, dominant, recessive, and
Quiz # _
DO NOT WRITE ON QUIZ
L2 Biology: Bacteria quiz
Identify the letter of the choice that best completes the statement or answers the question.
1. Item A in the above diagram refers to a(an)
a. Cocci b. Spirillum c. Bacilli d.
Name: _ Class: _ Date: _ID: A
Bacteria and Viruses
Identify the choice that best completes the statement or answers the question.
1. Bacteria can be classified according to their
a. type of cell walls.
b. methods of obtaining energy.
Test I - Viruses, Bacteria, Protists, and Fungi
For questions 1-12, write the letter of the word from the word bank that best fits each description. Only one answer is
correct for each question. You may use the words in the word bank more than on
Final Exam Essay M8A2
10 October 2016
1. Explain the classification system used in biology to organize living creatures. Pick two organisms
from each Kingdom and explain why they are placed in that kingdom.
Essay 5 M6A1
26 September 2016
Begin with the information in DNA, a specific gene. Describe how this genetic information
results in the formation of a protein.
The Central Dogma. The central dogma explains how the flow
September 6, 2016
M3A2 Essay Quiz
1. How does the term fluid mosaic describe the structure of the plasma membrane?
The term fluid mosaic describes the structure of a plasma membrane. The fluid mosaic components
16 September 2016
Essay exam 4
1. Explain why the following statement is incorrect. Plants perform photosynthesis, but only
animals perform cellular respiration.
How Plants Use Both Cellular Respiration and Photosynth
03 October, 2016
Dr. Leonard Simons
1.Compare the embryos of chickens, humans and fish, and describe in detail how pharyngeal arches
show a shared evolutionary past?
In a chicken, human and fish, we al
Bacteria, Viruses, Protists, and Fungi Chap 18-20
True/False (1 point each)
Indicate whether the statement is true or false.
1. Archaebacteria will appear like gram-negative eubacteria when a gram stain is applied.
2. The strain of E. coli in your int