1. Endocrine glands secrete hormones
2. Which of the following is not secreted by glands? Mucin Hormones DNA Enzymes Waste
3. What type of epithelium would be most suited for high levels of diffusion and filtration? Simple squ
The skeletal system
- Made up from bones
- Bones are organs
- More than 1 type of tissue
- Reticular tissue
- Bony tissue
- Nervous tissue
- Connective tissue
- Dense irregular connective tissue
- Very dynamic
- Support bear weight
Anatomy The study of body structures and their relationship with each
other. From the Greek word to dissect.
Morphology The study of human form
Physiology The study of body function
Functional anatomy How a structure funct
Bones and Skeletal Tissues Chapter 6
All cartilages are part of the connective tissue. They avascular (no blood) and
consist cells called chondrocytes and extracellular matrix.
Each chondrocyte occupies a cavity in the matrix called a lacuna.