Chapter 3Composing Business Messages
1. Matthew must develop a proposal for his supervisor that will describe the cost savings for an auto mated call center. Where should he begin?
a. Writing the proposal
b. Locating other proposals that h
Chapter 2Planning Business Messages
1. Which of the following represents a goal for business writers?
a. You should concentrate on your feelings in business messages.
b. You should get your audience to believe and accept your ideas.
Chapter 7Negative Messages
1. Every business person will need to write a negative business message that may disappoint, irritate, or
anger the receiver; these messages must be written
b. by top-level management only.
Chapter 13The Job Search, Rsums, and Cover Letters
1. Begin the job search by studying the job market and
a. identifying your interests, goals, and qualifications.
b. specifying your target job, ideal supervisor, and perfect working condit
Chapter 4Revising Business Messages
1. Which statement is accurate?
a. Proofreading involves using only a spell checker.
b. Revision should always occur after you have completed writing.
c. Business messages must be clear, concise, and rea
Chapter 6Positive Messages
1. Which of the following statements best describes the use of letters, e-mails, and memos in business
a. Businesses use memos to deliver positive messages internally and externally, but they use
Chapter 9Informal Reports
1. Which of the following statements about reports is accurate?
a. Business professionals rarely write reports.
b. Writers develop reports for internal audiences only.
c. Informal reports of eight or fewer pages a
Chapter 10Proposals and Formal Reports
1. Which of the following statements is accurate?
a. Proposals are persuasive documents used to solve problems, provide services, or sell
b. Proposals are always solicited.
c. Proposals are
Chapter 1Communication Skills as Career Filters
1. Communication skills
a. are not as important as technical skills for career success.
b. are not necessary in today's competitive job market.
c. are ranked by recruiters at the top of quali
Chapter 5Electronic Messages and Digital Media
1. Which of the following statements about communication in the workplace is most accurate?
a. Today's workplaces are nearly all paperless; employees conduct business with digital me dia and c
Chapter 8Persuasive Messages
1. Sammie is planning a persuasive message. What should she do in her opening?
a. Explain the purpose of the request completely.
b. Ask a stimulating question.
c. Show the value of her proposal.
d. Focus on the
Chapter 11Professionalism at Work: Business Etiquette, Ethics, Teamwork,
1. Which statement about professionalism is accurate?
a. Professionalism refers to those behaviors exhibited only to customers.
b. Professionalism descri
Chapter 14Interviewing and Following Up
1. During your interview you will
a. convince the employer of your potential.
b. research the company.
c. create success stories and match them to common interview questions.
d. organize yourself and
2008-03-03 1330.449951 1359.680054 1256.97998 1322.699951 4868908000 1322.699951
2008-02-01 1378.599976 1396.02002
1316.75 1330.630005 4148143000 1330.630005