Identify how many cysteine residues are in ebola glycoprotein. Remember that you
must use the three letter amino acid code when doing this.
Return to the previous view by choosing the "Edit" menu and click on the "Select
All". This now tells the p
1. How many regions of alpha helices are there in the Ebola glycoprotein?
2. How many regions of beta sheets are there in the Ebola glycoprotein?
Visualize the 599 hydrogen bonds that help to stabilize the secondary and tertiary
1. How many subunits (Chains) is this Ebola protein composed of? You may need
to rotate the enzyme to see how many polypeptide "ends" or termini exist.
Change the "Display" to "spacefill" to highlight those bonds in the backbone of the
1. Do hydrogen bonds appear mostly within single alpha helices or between
adjacent alpha helices?
Ans. Within single alpha helices
2. Do hydrogen bonds appear mostly within single beta sheets or between
adjacent beta sheets?
Ans. There is no beta sheets p
1. When was the structure of the Ebola Glycoprotein deposited in the Protein
Data Bank (PDB)?
Notice that there is a Medline link to read more about the crystal structure of this protein.
Link to the article by selecting "PubMed" and then s
KUHU GUPTA (09BIF073)
SUPERCOMPUTING FACILITY FOR COMPUTATIONAL BIOLOGY AND BIOINFORMATICS
Dissertation Submitted for the Partial Fulfilment of the