1. Mortgage Companies. Explain how amortgage companys degree of exposure to
2. Financing Mortgages. What types of financial institutions finance residential
1. Impact of Greece Crisis. Explain the conditions that led to the debt crisis in
2. Bond Downgrade. Explain how the downgrading of bonds for a particular
corporation affects the prices of those bonds, the return to investors that
1. Fed Response to Fiscal Policy. Explain how the Feds monetary policy could
depend on the fiscal policy that is implemented.
2. Confounding Effects. What other factors might be considered by financial
market participants who are assessing whet
1. Yield Curve. What factors influence the shape of the yield curve? Describe
how financial market participants use the yield curve.
2. Preferred Habitat Theory. Explain the preferred habitat theory.
3. Segmented Markets Theory. If the segmente
1. NYSE. Explain why stocks traded on the NYSE generally exhibit less risk than
stocks that are traded on other exchanges.
2. Role of Organized Exchanges. Are organized stock exchanges used to place
newly issued stock? Explain.
3. Corporate Con
Tutorial 8 2
1. Speculating With Foreign Exchange Derivatives. Explain how foreign
exchange derivatives could be used by U.S. speculators to speculate on the
expected appreciation of the Japanese yen.
2. Impact of a Weak Dollar. How does a weak dollar aff
1. CDs. Compare and contrast the retail CD and the negotiable CD.
2. Money Market Deposit Accounts. How does the money market deposit
account differ from other bank sources of funds?
3. Federal Funds. Define federal funds, federal funds market,
1. Investment Banking Services. How do securities firms facilitate leveraged
buyouts? Why are securities firms that are more capable of raising funds in
the capital markets preferred by corporations that need advice on proposed