SUBSIDARY COMPANIES: replace agents
and distributors with the companys own
permanent staff reason are; 1-Producton
capacity 2-Non tariff restrictions 3-Cost 4Explicit import restrictions
JOINT VENTURE: two or more frms
manufacture and sell
According to the human communication process, soccer superstar David Beckham in his role as
spokesperson for Gillette is a(n):
According to the human communication process model, the
Efficiency and Compliance.
Survival: The risk manager is to make sure that the organization can survive
Responsibility: Even in the event of serious loss, the risk management p
CHP:4, TOPIC:4, RISK MANAGEMENT 2: ADVANCED TOPIC
What are the types of loss dealt with by financial risk Management? Describe some of the tools
that are available to managers dealin
MRKT 409 FINAL NOTES
CH-7 Segmentation, Targeting, and Positioning
Market Segmentation- Represents an effort to identify and categorize groups of customers and countries according to
Targeting- The process of evaluating segments an
Global Marketing, 6e (Keegan/Green)
Chapter 13 Global Marketing Communications Decisions I: Advertising and Public
1) The environment in which marketing communications programs and strategies are
implemented remains the same among countries.
61) According to a research study, a TV advertisement that presents a rational appeal by
means of an argument-type execution would be well suited to:
A) monochronic cultures with low power distance, high uncertainty avoidance, and a good
supply of marketi
54) When it is time to choose one or more advertising agencies, a company with a
decentralized structure and a polycentric organization will:
A) make the decisions at headquarters.
B) leave the decision to local country managers.
C) automatically go with
86) Much academic research has been devoted to the impact of culture on advertising.
Researcher Tamotsu Kishii identified seven characteristics that distinguish between Japanese
and American creative strategy. Briefly describe those characteristics.
21) The way a product's appeal or proposition is presented is called the "creative execution."
Diff: 2 Page Ref: 407
AACSB: Reflective Thinking
22) Revlon has used a French producer to develop television commercials in English and
41) As companies recognize and embrace new concepts such as the globalization of coffee
culture, the potential for effective global advertising:
C) remains the same.
D) becomes evident.
E) is ignored.
Diff: 2 Page Ref
worldwide one or to create a new global campaign from the ground up, possesses a critical
marketing advantage. Explain this statement in light of the global advertising.
Answer: Advertising can be any sponsored, paid message that is communicated in a non
71) Which of the following marketing mix elements was at the heart of the problems Ford
Motor Company and Bridgestone/Firestone faced in 2000?
A) pricing problems
B) distribution problems
C) sales promotion problems
D) public relations problems