Journal Caf: Why is species diversity (biodiversity) important?
Why are amphibians vanishing?
Since 1980, populations of hundreds of the worlds almost 6,000 amphibian species have been vanishing
or declining in almost every part of the wor
5-6: Ecosystems Ref. Living in the Environment, G. Tyler Miller; Scott E. Spoolman (2009)
Have you thanked the insects today?
Insects are an important part of the earths natural capital, although they
generally have a bad reputation. We clas
1. Please define ecosystem
2. Ecosystems are made from two main components: a) biotic
) and b) abiotic
3. List and define each of the organization levels of life:
4. Define species
5. Define ha
4: Science and Life
Journal Caf The vanishing oysters of the Chesapeake Bay
(Cited from NOAA, 2007)
(Cited from Wekipedia.org)
What is Eutrophication?
the ecosystem response to the addition of artificial or natural substances, such as nitrates and phosp
Four Major Rivers Restoration Project
- The multi-purpose green
growth project on the Han
River, Nakdong River, Geum
River, and Yeongsan River
- Investment: 22.2 trillion won
- Former present decleared its
3: Science and Life
Understand and be able to apply each of these terms.
3. Why is it important for scientific studies to be published and reproducible?
Famous examples of the scientific method
The scientific method is
2: Introduction to Environmental Science
1. Basic history of humans and the environment
- Hunter-Gatherers (10,000 B.C.)
- Agricultural Revolution (6,000-7,000 B.C.)
- Industrial Revolution (1800s)
2. What is environmental ethics?
3. Types of env
1. Introduction to Environmental Science)
Purpose: Taking efficient notes can be a big challenge for many students, especially when working from
a Powerpoint lecture. This outline gives students a means to take notes that guides them toward impor