What is Money?
From barter system, gold, silver, and banknotes to paper money, checks, and credit
- Money: different forms, still important in our life.
1- Meaning of Money:
Definition: Anything that is generally acce
Topics covered : Money & Banking
How Banks Create Money
True or false :
1) When you use money to purchase groceries, money is functioning as a store of
2) The M1 money supply is composed of currenc
Conduct of Monetary Policy: Goals and Targets
In chapter 17 we talked about the tools of monetary policy that the central bank
(CB) uses in conducting monetary policy. But why does the CB use these tools?
In this chapter we discuss how the CB u
The Financial System
- Intermediaries, instruments, and regulations.
- Financial markets: bond and stock markets
- Financial intermediaries: banks, insurance companies, pension funds
- Moving funds from those who have a surplus of funds to those
Dr. A.M. Najjar
College of Business Administration Department of Economics.
Money & Banking Course Outline.
1st Semester 2013/2014
1- Course Objective:
The main objective of this course is to give the students a first look into the wo
Ratio analysis expresses the relationship among selected
items of financial statement data.
Financial Ratio Classifications
Three policy tools the Fed use to control money supply and the
2. Discount rate
3. Reserve requirements
The market for reserves and the Federal Funds Rate (iff):
OMOs and Discount lending affect the Fed's balance sheet a
DETERMINANTS OF THE MS
In Ch 15, we developed a simple model of multiple deposit creation which
showed that the Fed can influence the amount of checking deposits (D),
bank reserves (R), and the monetary base (therefore the money supply) by
Banking and the Management of Financial Institutions
Commercial Banks play an important role in channeling funds from
those with excess of funds
to those with shortage of funds (productive investment opportunities).
Commercial banks are financial intermed
The Demand for Money
In previous chapters, we studied the supply of money. In this chapter, we examine
the theories of money demand.
1- Quantity Theory of Demand:
(Developed by the classical economists in the nineteenth century, based on the wo
The Foreign Exchange Market
- The Exchange Rate: The price of one currency in terms of another.
- The Foreign Exchange Market: The financial market where exchange rates are
- Exchange rates are important affect our economy imports
Chapter 15: Multiple Deposit Creation
and the Money Supply Process
Questions addressed in this chapter:
- What is money supply?
- what is money supply process?
- How money supply level is determined?
- Who controls money supply?
- What cause money supply
Usefulness and Format
Usefulness of the Statement of Cash Flows
Provides information to help assess:
1. Entitys ability to generate future cash flows.
LEISURE COLLEGE, USA1
1. Many scholars, journalists, and educators, have begun to depict the college campuses in many
Western & Eastern countries as places where academic effort is scarcely detectable and the
primary student activities are
A report on the workweek time use of CBA students and high school students
Prof. Ikhlas Abdullah
Mr. Abduljaleel Sheehan
Mustafa Mohammed ALshatti
Nov 20, 2014
As your school term begins and your course sc
Time Use of Students &
Employees in USA
Background Info for
On an average weekday, full-time university and
college students spent, on an average day:
3.3 hours engaged in educational activities,
Survey of Time-Use
High School , Seniors