1. If the concentration difference of metal ions and ligands is manipulated to be huge,
the reaction is likely to be complete and the concentration of complex can be known.
2. Excess acid forces KSCN to be in the form of HSCN.
3. To prevent w
Home Work 3.
nt diagramss for the fo
1. Draw tthe shear and
Fig. 1 (a)
Fig. 1 (b)
2. The beam is made of a polyester that has the stress strain curve shown. If the curve can
be represented by the equation =[140 tan-1(15
1. Two N atoms and four COO groups provide electrons to central metal ion, forming
an octahedral structure (see below).
2. (a) 4.5103 mol (b) 0.018 M (c) 4.5104 mol (d) 0.0186 M
3. 432.3 ppm CaCO3
4. pH 7.3
5. Ca2+: 1.616 mgMg2+: 1.281 mg
1. Spectrophotometric analysis is advantageous over colorimetric analysis for it is
much more accurate and free from bias due to different operators.
2. The values will be negative, and the line becomes a curve and will lie in second
1. Temperature: the lower the temperature, the more efficient the catalyst is. Time: the
shorter the time, the more efficient the catalyst is. Yield: the more the yield, the more
efficient the catalyst is. Radical catalysts are better than i
2. To inhibit the oxidation of Vit. C in solution.
3. Use o-phenylenediamine to react with Vit. C, and measure the spectrum absorbance
to determine its co
1. Upper layer; because its density is smaller than saturated salt solution; the other
layer contains water, NaCl, NaOH, and glycerol.
2. No, it forms stearic acid in acid solution and loses its cleansing ability.
3. Both Soap and detergent r
1. It is the same. Mole of borax is determined at the temperature we take it out.
Whether its in solution or precipitates when cooled, the total mole of borax is not
2. The calculated K value will be greater than the theoretical valu
1. Oxalic acid can react with ferric ions to form dissolvable complex.
2. Oxidants: KMnO4, O3, K2Cr2O7; Reductants: Na, K, Zn, Vit. C
3. Fe(s) + 2Fe3+(aq)3Fe2+(aq)
4. A:Fe2+(aq) + tannic acid in persimmon black complex;
B: the oxidation of po
INVESTIGATING A NOVEL NANOSTRUCTURED FIBRIN
AGAROSE BIOMATERIAL FOR HUMAN CORNEA TISSUE
ENGINEERING: RHEOLOGICAL PROPERTIES
JOURNAL OF THE MECHANICAL BEHAVIOR OF BIOMEDICAL MATERIALS 4 (2011) 1963-1973
ANA-MARIA IONESCU , MIGUEL ALAMINOS , JUAN DE LA CRUZ