Oct. 2, 2013
Concept questions (1-5) do not require the homework format.
1. [CB 5-27C] The kinetic energy of a uid increases as it is accelerated in an adiabatic nozzle.
Where does this energy come from?
2. [CB 5-45C] Will the t
Nov. 6, 2013
Concept questions (1-4) do not require the homework format.
1. Can the entropy of a control volume change during an adiabatic, reversible uniform ow
process? Why or why not?
2. [CB 10-9C] Consider a simple ideal Ran
Nov 27, 2013
Concept questions (1-2) do not require the homework format.
1. What is the difference between the isentropic efciency and second-law efciency of a workproducing or consuming device (e.g. turbine, compressor)?
Dec 4, 2013
1. [FR 4.43] In the Deacon process for the manufacture of chlorine, HCl and O2 react to
form Cl2 and H2 O. Sufcient air (21 mole% O2 , 79% N2 ) is fed to provide 35% excess
oxygen (excess of stoichiometric oxygen)
Chapter 6 Concept Questions (HW format not required)
Problem 1: CB 6-12C
Does a heat engine that has a thermal eciency of 100 percent necessarily violate (a) the rst law and (b)
the second law of thermodynamics? Expl
Concept Questions (HW format not required)
Problem 1: CB 7-18C
Steam is accelerated as it ows through an actual adiabatic nozzle. The entropy of the steam at the nozzle
exit will be (greater than, equal to, less than
24 March 2014
Center Title, Do Not Bold or Underline
Created by Kirby Rideout of Collin County Community College, this is a
template for formatting a research paper in MLA format. The paper has