The Great Gatsby
Study Guide Chapters 1 & 2
1. In the beginning of the novel, the narrator (Nick Carraway) give the reader several dates to place the
story in time. When did he graduate from college?
When did he come east
Reading Annotation Guide to Identifying Significant Moments in Literature
1. Contrasts &
2. The Aha moment
A character does
something we dont
expect or contradicts
Study Guide: Act I
1. What is wrong with Betty?
2. Why does Parris suggest calling Reverend Hale?
3. What do Ann and Thomas Putnam suggest is Bettys problem?
4. Why would the Putnams want this suggestion