1. A company is divided into 2 parts:
Board of Directors(BOD)
General Meeting of Members(GMM)
2. How/who are capable of forming the contract for the company.
(a) Organic theory
HL Bolton (Engineering) Co Ltd v. TJ Graham & Sons Ltd  1 Q
UDL3622 Land Law II
Trimester 2, 2016/2017
Dealings and Registration of Dealings
Table of Contents
1.1 Dealings of Alienated Land . 1
1.1.1 Definition of dealings . 1
1.2 Registration of Instruments of Dealings . 1
1.2.1 . The necessity of having
DIRECTORS DUTIES UNDER COMMON LAW AND STATUTE
Common law, fiduciary duties and duty of skill and care.
Statutory duties: S.131, S.131A, S.131B, S.132, S.132C-F, S.135, S.140.
A. FIDUCIARY DUTIES AND STATUTORY DUTIES
The nature of fiduciary duties.
Process Of Incorporation
1. Formation and registration (Publicity and Disclosure)
(a) Registration and notification requirements of CA 1965
To deter fraud
Supervision and control by Registrar
Director & Management
- set direction, held the management
- broad power of management.
- power to determine AA.
Members of GM
- general power of management, under
- director may not exercise certain power
1. S.16, requirement to lodge the Memorandum (MA) & Articles (AA) with the SSM
for incorporation of company.
2. The MA & the AA are documents that regulate the constitution of the company.
3.The MA deals with the external affairs of the compa
UDL 3612 Land Law I Topic 4
S. 5 State land = all lands in the State other than alienated land/reserved land/mining land/reserved forest
S. 5 State Authority = Ruler / Governor
S. 40 All state lands are vested solely in the State Authority
S. 41 State Au
General Marxist legal philosophy assumed that
1. Economic is the Basic Structure and law, religion, morality, politics even notions of justice
is the super structure which is determined by the basic structure of economics (law comes after econom
1. DIRECTOR & MANAGEMENT
Division of powers
2 organs. Board of directors and members in general meeting
Both have ability to bind the company in its relations with outsiders
As companys agents in its dealings with outsiders
But depends on the extent o
SA issue notice of intended
I LA give public notice of Form A
Entry and survey by state
T Preparation of plan and list of
A lands by LA submit to SA
E Declaration of intended
acquisition by SA