27: The Reproductive System
Anatomy of the Male Reproductive System
1. Describe the structure and function of the testes, and explain the importance of
their location in the scrotum.
2. Describe the structure of the penis and indicate its role
The Vocabulary of Genetics
1. Define allele.
2. Differentiate between genotype and phenotype.
Sexual Sources of Genetic Variation
3. Describe events that lead to genetic variability of gametes.
Types of Inheritance
4. Compare and c
Overview: Blood Composition and Functions
1. Describe the composition and physical characteristics of whole blood. Explain why
it is classified as a connective tissue.
2. List eight functions of blood.
3. Discuss the comp
25: The Urinary System
1. Describe the gross anatomy of the kidney and its coverings.
2. Trace the blood supply through the kidney.
3. Describe the anatomy of a nephron.
Kidney Physiology: Mechanisms of Urine Formation
18: The Cardiovascular System:
Describe the size, shape, location, and orientation of the heart in the thorax.
Name the coverings of the heart.
Describe the structure and function of each of the three layers
26: Fluid, Electrolyte, and AcidBase Balance
1. List the factors that determine body water content and describe the effect of each
2. Indicate the relative fluid volume and solute composition of the fluid
compartments of the
20: The Lymphatic System and
Lymphoid Organs and Tissues
1. List the functions of the lymphatic vessels.
2. Describe the structure and distribution of lymphatic vessels.
3. Describe the source of lymph and mechanism(s) of lymp
28: Pregnancy and Human
From Egg to Zygote
1. Describe the importance of sperm capacitation.
2. Explain the mechanism of the slow block to polyspermy.
3. Define fertilization.
Events of Embryonic Development: Zygote to Blastocyst Im