How does the nature of management jobs create the possibility for ethical abuses?
Identify and describe the most common forms of workplace deviance.
Production deviance has the quality and quantity of work produced
Review Questions Chapter Seven
What is the relationship between technology cycles and the S-curve pattern of innovation?
Technology cycles generally follow the S-curve pattern of innovation (they have slow initial
progress, then rapid progress, and
Review Questions Chapter Two
Why do modern companies need managers?
because Artisans were being replaced by unskilled laborers running machines mass production
was born which cars were to be moved to stationary workers who concentrated on performing 1
Terms Chapter Three
1. advocacy groups - concerned citizens who band together to try to influence the business
practices of specific Industries, businesses, and professions.
2. behavioral addition- the process of having managers and employees perform new
Review Questions Chapters 12
1. Explain the difference between diversity and affirmative action.
a. Affirmative Action is based on an assimilationist model that focuses on getting people
into an organization rather than changing organizational culture.
Review Questions Chapter Five
1. What are the benefits and costs of planning?
Intensified effort, persistence Direction, and creation of task strategies
The first Pitfall of planning is that you can be impede change and prevent or slow
Review Questions Chapter 9
Compare an organizational structure and an organizational process.
Organizational structure is the vertical and horizontal configuration of departments,
authority, and jobs within a company.
Organizational process is the coll
Application Questions Chapter 8
1. You have recently graduated with an accounting degree. Use the Web to investigate what
exactly is involved in becoming a Certified Public Accountant (CPA). Good places to start
are Wikipedia's "Certified Public Accountan
1. resources - the assets, processing, employees home, information, and
knowledge that an organization uses its to improve is Effectiveness
and efficiency and create and sustain competitive advantage
2. Competitive Advantage - providing greater value for