Chapter 2 Case Study
John and Jacob, Inc.: Online Trading System
Internal stakeholders: users and customers
1. What is the best method for Edward to involve the brokers (users) in the development of
the updated online trading system?
Should he use a ques
System Vision Document
Keeping Track (Geocaching)
Geocaching has become excessively popular over the years. It is mainly used as a hobby, but has shown great
importance to some geocachers. The main purpose o
1. Geocaching Information Subsystem
2. Geocacher Information Subsystem
The Geocaching Information Subsystem will capture detailed information about how the
game is played, what materials are needed, as well as some fun facts associated with
Work Breakdown Structure
Discover and understand the details of all aspects of the problem
1. Identify and define use case (an average geocacher trying to locate an object using
their phone) ~ 3 hours
2. Identify and define information requ
Visit the Web sites of a few leading information systems consulting firms. Try to find
information about their approaches to developing systems.
Describe their approaches.
What tools, models, or techniques are mentioned in thei