Management: Chapter 9 Practice Test
1. Annika is excited about her new job. She thinks it will be exciting, fulfilling, rewarding, and allow her the standard of
living she is looking for. She has made a psychological contract with her new employer.
Chapter 7 Quiz
1. Studies of the organization change process found that participation increases productivity and
2. According to the Lewin model, building a new plant in Texas is an example of which step in the
change process? Implementing th
Chapter 9 Management Quiz
1. Jared called in sick so he could go golfing. This is an example of absenteeism.
2. Bernard Madoff manipulated clients and enjoyed doing it. He showed a lot of the
personality trait Machiavellianism. His fellow prisoners might
Chapter 4 Quiz
1 / 1 pts
Yum Brands is expanding its Chinese presence into smaller cities like Yiyang and Zhengzhou
because larger cities are saturated. This is an example of a non-programmed decision.
1 / 1 pts
Groupthink is one of
Management Chapter 11 Quiz
1. Demonstrating personal excitement or passion about something is part of charismatic leadership.
2. When Pamela Forbes Lieberman took over TruServ, it was on the verge of bankruptcy, with
spiraling debt, a top-heavy hierarchy,
CHAPTER 9 TEST
Officers in the US military have no control over employee pay. It is all based on time of service and rank. The
military uses medals and ribbons to acknowledge excellence. The medals are an example of the inducement
The practice of management is both an art and a science
Proponents of evidence-based management would say there are
few really new ideas
Evidence-based management means translating principles from
promising new theories into organizational pract
everything outside an organization's boundaries that might affect it
The layer of the external environment that affects the organization
the environment that includes the elements wi
Which of the following is a good reason to evaluate the performance of employees on a regular basis?
To provide feedback to employees to help them to plan their careers
To validate selection instruments
To assess the impact of training
Chapter 7 Test
General Motors frequently asks its employees to measure such things as supervisor effectiveness. Which OD technique was GM