Activity 5 project review
I have chosen to do my research project on the rights of passage around the world in many different
cultures. The research Ive conducted is Ive watched a documentary on Vanuatu tower divers, al
Pervious research has shown a correlation between social anxiety and heavy drinking in
college age students. New research sought to prove more conclusively the role of drinking and social
21st Birthday Drinking: Extremely Extreme
The article reviews the percentage of heavy drinking of college students on their TwentyFirst birthday and the related dangers that it could have. Earlier stu
February 13, 2014
Phil and Lil
There are many ways infants interact with other people socially. Infants actually start
playing socially with other infants quite early. They laugh, babble, and even smile to each other.
One way Phil a
Tuesday, January 7
Tuesday, January 7, 2014
Class room lecture notes 1/71/16
- Cognitive Psychology: scientic study of mental processes!
- We have a lot of physical information from the world and how we use it!
Thursday, January 30, 2014
Forming New Memory Traces
- What is memory?!
memory- process involved in retaining, retrieving, and using information about
stimuli, images, events, ideas, and skills after the original information is no longer
Tuesday, January 21, 2014
Attention & finishing pattern recognition
- exam a week from today; get scantron student union SGA has them free; study
guide online 12pm today very specic!
- Specic Theories:!
- 4. Geon Theory!
What about three-dimensional obje
Tuesday, February 11, 2014
Class Notes Long Term Memory
- An alternative theory of memory!
information processing of varying levels of depth!
- deep processing: meaning and importance!
- shallow processing: surface forms of items!
deep processing result
Thursday, February 6, 2014
- About long-term memory!
works with working memory to help create our ongoing experience!
advantages of LTM:!
- forgetting is much slower!
- unlimited capacity!
- From STM to LTM!
control processes-strategy that de
Thursday, March 27, 2014
Reasoning; Deductive Reasoning; Inductive Reasoning
- reasoning: cognitive process(es) used in transforming given information (premises) into
special kind of thinking!
can lead to decision making!
- syllogism: serie
Tuesday, February 25, 2014
- concept: mental representation!
used for cognitive functions like memory, language, etc.!
- category: objects that belong together because they belong to the same class of objects!
a type of concept!
Tuesday, February 18, 2014
Memory for General Knowledge
- Organization in LTM!
Bower et al. (1969)!
- Participants viewed 4 hierarchies, 28 words each!
- Benets of Organization!
tried to recall all 112 words 4 times!
- organized gro
Thursday, February 13, 2014
Exam Feb 20! Study guide posted onto blackboard today!
- CLASS ACTIVITY:!
rhythm band jazz instrument radio piano sing song!
blanket peace snooze drowsy yawn sleepy bed blanket tired!
air warm frigid we