Chapter 9 Study Guide
1. How should the phrase Think Globally, Act Locally be interpreted to help companies that operate internationally?
Act locally- be sensitive to regional customer and language nuances, holidays, package and advertise with local motif
1. Explain the impact of databases on businesses.
2. To link records from one table with records of another table, the tables must have a
Chapter 4 Study Guide
1. Identify the four basic operations a computer must handle.
ACEPT DATA, STORE DATA & INSTRUCTIONS, PROCESS DATA, OUTPUT DATA
2. _Supercomputers_ are the most powerful computers at any given time, but are built especially for assign
Chapter 8 Study Guide
1. How is advertising done on the web?
Online advertising is done mainly through search engines and through banners. But it can also include email marketing,
social media marketing, and mobile advertising. Other potential participant
Chapter 3 Study Guide
1. What are the phases of a supply chain? Procuring raw materials, manufacturing, delivering
2. When a radio frequency identification tag is attached to a product, it contains a(n) _EPS_.
3. _Productivity_ specifically refers to the
Chapter 6 Study Guide
1. What is the main drawback of wireless LANs?
They are not as secure as wired LANs
2. _twisted pair cable_ is a popular medium for connecting computers and networking devices because it is relatively
flexible, reliable, and low cost
Chapter 2 Study Guide
1. _Switching costs_ are expenses incurred when a customer stops buying a product or service from one business and
starts buying it from another.
2. One way to increase market share is to lower prices, and the best way to lower price
1. Describe the term software. -Set of instructions that control the operations of a computer -pg150
2. _Maintenance_ primarily involves modifying programs to meet new business needs, but also debugging of errors
that were not detected when test