Pre-AP Physics n1
) Not to be outdone by the European Space Agencys recent landing of a probe on a passing comet, NASA
decides 1tgo place a 100 kg satellite in orbit around a distant dwarf planet. The planet IS estimated to have a mass
of 3x10 kg.
1) A pTOJCCtlle IS launched as Shown below, so that it has an initial speed of V0 at an angle 9 relative to the V a cfw_'
horizontal and lands at the same hei ht from which it was launched.
. cisp acementci, 1X
We-mxmhergzezpm) ~ " -*
d) What 15 the s
' Ee3c< ZArCL
Name: [7 1 Q
Hogs? ys1cs mt FORMA E \L
1) A dynamics cart of mass m is released om rest and rolls without friction down an incline to u :.'a . circular
loop-theloop. The radius of the loop-the-loop is R, and the initial height of
Name: E gig] SQ tSWW . q lg
Honors Physrcs Continuous Charge Distributions QUIZ
l) A charged wire is bent into a curved section which describes half of a circle, and is arranged as
The radius of curvature is R, and the charge density is A.
a) Find th
my _ 7 '
. am bi r 9 2
235m: awn wags rauwanggm" l VXMLC 99.9 waohm
Hanmm us: 3: 5885.9 8
5 n O Nww VXU U.&9W.mo nw
a n w/ 9% By Cm .07ng w r0 a? Prawn?
g L? m. 33%3w 7N m 5%?) w % ya n 2?
a. u 1% u. nmmwQNB g Q u an. .9
.II. . .V H 2%
a P /u NO
i C: a '
g NW? wt 3% 34,2
4) A racecar Wit a m of 700 kg moves with a constant speed of 40 m/s around a circular track with a radius
of 200 meters. The wheels of the racecar do not slip, due to friction.
a) The picture below represents the racecar, viewed
a. N.- &Mu_".- , .,
Honors Physws Gravitation Make-up Quiz 3 (Gravitational Fields, etc.) l
3) A new planet lS discovered (in a far away solar system) which has more than a few moons because its mass
allows it to capture many different passing objects
Name: E) 5mg: C: XQSSSQQ QM
Honors Physics Unit 10 TEST
1) The Rockhurst High School TVs (recently retired) proba y used around 100 W when they were turned on.
We can assume these were connected to a standard 120 V outlet for n\ purposes of this problem.
m%_ s x 2 3
Honors Physic nit Test (Momentum) Form A
1) A large block magnetic block (3m) is placed at the top edge of a circular bowl of radius R, and a smaller
magnetic block (m) is placed at the bottom of the bowl. The large block is released, and slid
Name 3" CirclL MCI 0 scam '@ r
Honors PhysmsUnit ES FORMA
3 WM N07/10
l) A hanging mass is attached to a string which is wrapped around a large, solid cylinder. The cylinder has a
mass of 500 kg and a radius of 0.2 meters, and is attached to a f
. Name: GUS ,
Pre-AP Physics Unit 8 TEST FORM A I [ Ci 7
1) Two charges are arranged as shown below.
a) At the point P, indicate the directions of the electric elds #1-
1 produced by each of the charges. (Make sure to indicate which
) eld is due to whic
Unit 1 Test Review Packet
Order of Magnitude Estimation "' " " > - .
1) Estimate to an order of magnitude the number of reams of paper used for student handouts, tests, quizzes, etc.
at Rockhurst in one week. (Lets say an average ve-day
N _ . H @ @5 cfw_moo
Note: For all problems on this test, some number of points are assigned for drawing a force diagram, even if
the question does not explicitly state that you must do so.
1) Mr. Arico is pulling his children (combin
Name: 0&6 /\ CA 39 W\ 0% \JA 25
PreAP Physics Unit 10 TEST Form A
1) Consider the circuit shown to the right:
The battery supplies 12 V, the capacitor is 200 HP, and the
resistors R1 and R2 are both unknown.
o g time lat, 1: battery supplies a W (Sf/
. /_) :
Honors Phys1cs t 7 Quiz #1 20
E co=coo+at AG=oaot+/20tt2 w2=c002 +20AG FBI:F
1 S=9R v=coR a=0tR ZU:I<><
Center of Mass: 2 mr
Moments of Inertia:
Point Masses: I = Elmr2 Rod through CM: I = 1/12 ML2 Parallel Axis Theorem: I = ICM + M
Honors Physics nit 3 Quiz #2
1) In the diagram below, the angle 9 = 37, the larger mass, In], is 5 kg, and the smaller mass, m2, is 1 kg. The
larger mass, In], begins to slide down the incline, for which the coefcient of friction is Hk = 0.10.
WW ' Lil
HonorsPhySI nil FORMB 5 7 1 ll 61 x
1) To celebrate all the paper that we are not using this year by switching to electronic books, Mr. Arico has
decided to cover the walls of his classroom with. . paper! Estimate to an order of magnit
/ I, \V '~-\~.W. hw/
Name: ISQ, qgsmm \01/ l l
Honors Physics Unit 6, Quiz #1 i
1) The mass of the Sun is approximately 2 x 1030 kg, or 1.00 Mg (Solar Mass), while the supermassive black
hole Sagittarius A* at the center of the Milky Way is estimated to
Honors Physics Unit 2 Quiz #1 /
x=xo+vot+1/2at2 OR Ax=vot+1/2at2
An archer shoots an arrow horizontally with an initial velocity of 200 m/s at a target which is 100 meters away.
The initial height of the arrow is 1.6 meters above the ground (sh
N. f -
Physics onors Unit 3 TEST w~ /
MULTIPLE CHOICE FORM A
1) A car drives along a circular path as shown to the right, moving at a
constant speed. Due to friction between the road and the tires, the car
is able to successfully negot
if I 5th ML
f Name /M \SQ(:;AU\SSH gm 2 [LIL [Ll (O 70 Km
Pre-AP hysics Uni 9 TEST Form B
1) Consider the diagram below, which shows two point charges labeled +Q. Let Q = 2.0 11C.
a) Find the Potential at P1, P2, and P3. Record your answers in the blanks
Name: \ \ RS5 V\ g : ggqo "1 :
Pre-AP Physics ~ Unit 8 Quiz #2 a [7
Consider the demonstration Mr. Arico performed in class, in which a charged ring of Styrofoam was levitated
above a charged plastic tube. We will rst consider the tube.
(Note: for the pur
Name: BUESQ @063WQY @
Honors Physics Unit 9 Quiz #1
AU=qAV AV=-Ed V22
W=AK W=-AU K=mv2
1-2: The electric potential near a region of charge, represented as a function of x, V(x), is graphed below:
1) What types of charges are lik
Honors Physics I a
Unit 5 Momentum Example Packet
G.K. Chesterton Quote of the Unit: Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere.
And now: Physics.
Exl: Consider the graph of Force vs. Time to the right,
which represents a force acting on
'\ EXTRA CREDIT: With regard to the p ous question, nd
Electric Field at point P, using your answer
from part (a).
3 Multiple Choice B ~ CLQLS SW
1) Which of these is a valid unit for electric potential?
a) Joules (J)
C Egg/Joules / Coulomb (J/C)
Honors Physics Unit 8 Quiz #1 -
Q; @ , cfw_1% m/
1) Consider the diagram below. A) Write an expression in unit vector notation in terms of Q, d, and
fundamental constants for the net electric eld at point P which results from the points charge
Name: amgQ, (BIOSSMOJA Ali
PreAP Physics Unit 11 Quiz FORM A
% 1) A positively-charged particle, moving to the right, enters a region where there is a magnetic eld. What
orientation for the magnetic eld would produce a force on the particle which is
Honors Physics xkcd.com Orbital Speed Reading Quiz
1) Space 15 where the Earths atmosphere ends. About how far away is space from where we are right now? C
a)lkmup b) 10kmup c)1'00 mug d) lOOOkmup
2) What is the most difcult part about getting