MODULE #4 HOMEWORK
1. A pure sample of any element will only have atoms of that element, so, it will have only one type of
16. He and U are pure elements. The others are compounds,
26. Radium contains 88 protons and 88 neutrons. If two pr
MODULE #6 HOMEWORK
3. The charges are usually transferred from electrons rather than protons because electrons are 1800
times lighter than protons and are loosely bound by atoms.
11. The tires for trucks carrying gasoline and other flammable fl
Newtons Second Law of Motion
The definition of acceleration:
Acceleration is the change in velocity during a certain time interval. So, we can write the
Acceleration as follows:
Acceleration = change in velocity / time interval.
The net force o
MODULE #5 HOMEWORK
1. Chains and tables will have a greater temperature to the temperature of the air while the temperature
of the people will be greater than air due to high internal energy.
10. In principle yes, it does hold true in the Atlan
10. A cart gains energy as it rolls down a hill because the force that does work on it is component of
gravity along the slope of the hill.
20. If in exuberance he gives the bob a slight shove as it left his nose it will come back and hit his
2) Only (a) is a scientific hypothesis. A scientist could take a closer look at the cell to be sure
that it was the chlorophyll that makes a plant green, or if it was not, which would disprove the
hypothesis. B and C lack the ability to be pro
3. It is not possible to move in a curved path in the absence of a force because it needs a force to act
upon it in order to move in a curve pathway. With no force acting upon it the path would be a straight
line. Also going around a cu
1. The penalty for scientific fraud in the science community is professional excommunication
2. (a) Chlorophyll makes the grass green & (c) Tides are caused by the Moon are scientific hypothesis.
4. I would consider that a sign of stren
MODULE #3 HOMEWORK
2. Kinetic energy of an object moving with momentum is given by p 2/2m, where m is its mass. So, work
required for the lighter truck to stop is more.
7. Work done by both is same. Power used by the person who climbs is 30s is