Chapter 10 Managing and Printing Documents
1. What is the maximum number of documents that can be open at the same time in Word?
c. as many as computer memory and the amount of data in the documents will allow
Chapter 4 Customizing Paragraphs
1. Which side of a paragraph can have a border?
a. top only
b. bottom only
c. sides only
d. all sides
REF: Page 95
2. Where are the Borders and Shading buttons found?
a. in the Borders and Shading dialog box
Chapter 3 Aligning and Indenting Paragraphs
1. What is the default paragraph alignment in Word?
b. right aligned
c. left aligned
REF: Page 63
2. You select some centered text and press Ctrl + Q. What
Chapter 7 Customizing Page Formatting
1. The Pages group on the INSERT tab does not allow you to insert a
a. page break
b. blank page
c. predesigned cover page
into your document.
REF: Page 211
2. What does Word ins
Chapter 6 Formatting Pages
1. What is the default view for a Word document?
a. Read Mode
b. Print Preview
c. Page Layout
d. Print Layout
REF: Page 175
2. Yo u change views with buttons in the view area of the
a. Status bar.
Chapter 8 Inserting Elements and Navigating in a Document
1. What Word button allows you to insert special characters into a document?
b. Word Art
c. Quick Parts
REF: Page 241
2. To insert a symbol from th
Chapter 1 Creating, Printing, and Editing Documents
1. How do you open Microsoft Word?
a. Click the Office button.
b. Click the Word 2013 tile at the Windows 8 Start screen.
c. Click the Quick Access toolbar.
d. Click the Status bar.
Chapter 5 Proofing Documents
1. Word shows a grammatical error by marking the sentence with
a. a wavy red line.
b. a wavy blue line.
c. a yellow highlighting.
d. a yellow caution triangle with an exclamation point
inside. ANS: B
Chapter 9 Maintaining Documents
1. Many file (document) management tasks in Word can be completed at either the
c. HOME tab
2. A computer keyboard has a
a. Screen Clipping
Chapter 2 Formatting Characters
1. What is the term for the way a document looks on screen and when its printed?
a. screen print
d. hard copy
REF: Page 35
2. What is Word 2013s default font setting?