Calculus I Sample.
lim x 9
is a) 0/0 b) 0 c) 6 d) 1/6
f ( x) 2 then the derivative f ' ( x )
3 b) 6
c) 2 3 d) 6
e) None of the above
3. Find the equation of the tangent line to
Every day we live in the unknown, not knowing thy self. What does it mean to know Thy Self? I
think to know Thy Self is to have liberation of what you think of yourself. For instance, not living
up to the what other people think about you, not living up t
Melanny Del Real
May 9 2017
Farewell to Manzanar Book Study
In many countries, immigrants have been perceived to bring trouble may it be in
economic terms or social terms. In the same way, the United States found itself in the
Melanny Del Real
History 18, Short Essay
16 February 2017
Discrimination has been around since the beginning of time. That had brought
racism, which has brought a lot of violence between different racial groups. Sometimes
1. What steps did Kennedy take to contain communism in Cuba? To what extent were his
actions typical of a Cold War president? How did Kennedy apply Cold War policies in Latin
2. Trace U.S. involvement in Vietnam fro
Muller v. Oregon decision
Answer the following in brief paragraphs. Due Monday March 27
1. What is the courts legal reasoning in upholding the Oregon state
law limiting womens workday in laundries and factories?
2. Why might some groups oppose
Study questions for the American Promise
1. Explain Eisenhowers domestic policies? What were his policies toward Latin America and
the Middle East?
2. Describe the culture of abundance of the 1950s. What influences and en
1. Describe Franklin D. Roosevelts view of the role of government. How did it differ
from conservative views of government?
2. Describe the New Deal coalition. How did it incorporate diverse group?
3. Why and how did
Explain the major aspects of JFKs New Frontier, or domestic achievements. Did Kennedy
accomplish his goals?
Describe Johnsons vision of a Great Society and explain his domestic achievements.
Which War on
1. Explain Roosevelts neutrality policies from 1935 to 1939. How did Lend-Lease begin
to alter American neutrality?
2. How did the United States respond to Japanese expansion in the Pacific? Why did
Japanese expansion threate
FORT LARAMIE TREATIES OF 1851 and 1868
Answer the following questions in brief type-written paragraphs.
Students should complete the questions for each of the Fort Laramie
Treaties. Students should draw concrete examples from the tr
Students should focus only on questions 1, 7, and 8 the terms listed below for the exam.
1. Describe Harding and Coolidges pro-business policies.
2. What factors contributed to the success of Henry Fords automobile industry? How did
1. What postwar conditions led to the Cold War?
2. How did Truman and the federal government implement containment in the late 1940s
and 1950s? Discuss the United States six-prong strategy and how U.S. officials used
it to implement
1. Who were the new immigrants and why did they come to America?
2. How did racism and ethnic rivalry impact workers in the industrial sector? What ideology
increasingly justified the discrimination of non-whites?
3. Describe the wor
Visual Evidence B
History 3, Unit 1
Western Encounters with
the Muslim World
3.1 - B1
Portrait of the
Mughal Emperor, Jahangir
Visual Evidence B / History 3, Unit 1 / Western Encounters with the Muslim World
3.1 - B1 - Portrait of the Mughal Emperor, Jaha
Visual Evidence A
History 3, Unit 1
The Emperor Kangxi
in Scholars Robes
Visual Evidence A / History 3, Unit 1 / Barbarians in the Forbidden City
The Emperor Kangxi (detail)
Visual Evidence A
History 3, Unit
Extra Credit: Chinese Discovery
Everybody knows Christopher Columbus as the explorer who found the continent of
America while looking for a new route for European countries to trade with In
History 17 MWF 10am
Extra Credit Essay
The Gold Rush was historical period in which many people traveled to California in the
hopes of finding Gold. The History Channel offers an article called "What's a 49er?, w
February 25, 2017
AJA Review #1
Wendy Anne Warren, author of The Cause of Her Greif: The Rape of a Slave in
Early New England, wrote a unique article on a short story about an African slave woman
who had been raped in the 17th centu
The portrait on the left is a Chinese Emperor Kangxi of the Qing Dynasty in his early years of
reign. The portrait on the right is of Adam Schall von Bell a German Jesuit, astronomer, and
successor of Matteo Ricci. The portraits are similar and different
What do the images in Visual Evidence C reveal about travel across the Mongol lands in the
medieval era? What do the illustrations from Macro Polo's travels reveal about truth and fantasy
in medieval travel accounts?
1. How did Gautama Buddha describe the middle path in the document, The Enlightenment
of the Buddha?
He was on spiritual search for what was right. He had given up his previous vow, broke away
from his disciples and indu
1. What do the images in Visual Evidence A reveal about the growing interest in exploration and
discovery in European and Asian cultures in the 15th and 16th centuries?
All of the visual evidence supports international travel. In Eviden
1. Describe the city of Jerusalem as a contested city, shaped by the three great religions of the
west: Judaism, Islam and Christianity. Draw on Visual Evidence A and the documents by Ibn
Jubayr and Nasir.
Jerusalem is considered a
1. What evidence did Aurel Stein uncover in the Chinese desert that indicates this area was once a
meeting place of eastern and western cultures?
He discovered the ancient modest city of Pompeii. In these deserted ruins he found a v