HW Assignment Chapter 24
Name two common accounting systems used in medical offices.
Double- entry system
Briefly explain the three types of bookkeeping systems.
is very basic and usually used in small businesses. S
1. The medical assistant who answers the telephone is often the person who gives the first impression of
the entire office, especially to new patients. He or she will use both verbal and nonverbal
communication in telephone conversation
1. Joan, a medical assistant in a physicians office that uses a computer for billing, leaves the office and
does not backup the information to the server that she saved during that days work. She has not made a
hardcopy of the work. She has shre
1. Name two kinds of statutes under workers compensation:
A. Federal compensation laws
B. State compensation laws
2. An unexpected, unintended event that occurs at a particular time and place, causing injury to an
individual not of his or her own making,
1. Medicaid is administered by . with partial . funding.
state government, federal
2. Medicaid is not an insurance program. It is a/an .e program.
3. In all other states the program is known as Medicaid, but in California th
Assignment Chapter 12
An individual becomes eligible for Medicare Parts A and B at age
65 years old
Medicare Part A is hospital coverage, and Medicare Part B is . coverage.
Name an eligibility requirement that would allow aliens to receive Med
1. Susan Enlow discovered that her date of birth was incorrect when she requested
her medical records from the Blackburn Clinic. She was moving to another city and
wanted to take the records with her to her new provider. Susan surmised that the
Rubella virus/German measles
A. Describe the typical symptoms of the disease(s) caused by the agent.
In children, rubella is usually mild, with few noticeable symptoms. For children who do have symptoms, a
red rash is typically the first sign. The rash