April 2, 2009
My Baptismal History
In December 1991, I became a member of the Catholic Church. I was baptized at
the church of St. Paul the Apostle on Long Island. I was dressed in a long white gown
that my godmother made for me
May 26, 2009
Chapters 2 and 9
Chapter 2: Symbols
o Observable, physical realities that represent invisible qualities or elements.
o Concrete object that represents an abstract feeling and/or idea.
o Comes from Gre
Judaism Assignments- Chapter 12
Part 1. Judaisms Central Teachings
1. Covenant is an agreement established long ago between God and the ancient Israelites,
first through Abraham and later through Moses. Living as religious Jews, people live
Chapter 14-The Study of Islam
1. The four basic elements of the Islamic faith are as follows:
The Quran ( also called the Koran)- this is the primary sacred text and Islams
The Prophet Muhammad who recei
January 27, 2009
1) Grace: Gods Loving Presence in the World
a) Grace: the creative sustaining, and transforming self-gift of God that is always
being offered to us.
i) God loves us and cares for us unconditionally.
ii) Expresses the realit
February 1, 2009
Receiving Gods Offer of Friendship
Maintaining strong, healthy friendships depends on honest communication.
o The same is true for establishing and maintaining a friendship with God.
o Real communication happens
Exam Review Sheet for Sacraments Final Exam
BEGIN TO REVIEW WHAT YOU HAVE LEARNED
Chapter 1: Sacraments: Encountering the Sacred
Know the definition of:
Sacrament- Efficacious signs of Grace instituted by Christ and entrusted to the
Church. By which divi
Represents the fullness of Christian initiation by most closely
uniting the person with the mystery of Jesus
The ultimate sign of Christ's presence is the sharing of bread and
wine consecrated as Jesus' own body and blood
Chapter 13- Christianity
Answer the following questions for chapter 13
9. Identify the elements leading to the schism in the church that divided the eastern and
western parts of the Empire.
-Constantine established an eastern capital
Hinduism: names of the three paths to
October 16, 2008
Outline of pages 69-78
1) The Dharma: Buddhist Teachings
a) Most Buddhists revere Gautama and look to his life and enlightenment as the
model for their own religious aspirations.
October 9, 2008
1. The Master and the Untouchables Worksheet
1. summarize the structure of the caste system. Include the names of these castes.
The Indian caste system is the social system in India, mainly in the Hindu
Chapter 1 notes
What is the human condition?
1. asks if we are good by nature, or are we evil.
2. we could also be somewhere in between, good but with flaws.
3. Suffering, and why we suffer is a question that could help determine the latter.
October 22, 2008
The Tao of Pooh
Taoism is a religion practiced all throughout China. Throughout the generations,
Taoism has continued to influence the culture of the Chinese people. In The Tao of
Pooh, the author Benja