Gandhigiri and others
GANDHIS NINE STEPS
Define the conflict
Work on whats doable
Resolve the dispute in a neutral place
Dont ask what happened
List the shared elements of the relationship
Title: Is That Video Game Programming You?
Author: John Misak
1. Ammunition: projectiles to be fired from a gun.
2. Podium: a platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence
to the person on it.
3. Sneer: a facial ex
Title: To Be a Man
Author: GARY SOTO
Testing, Anyone? (by Sylvia Fox)
Self: Have I participated in the similar testing program and how does it affect my
life or career?
Text: What does the author mean by saying: It isnt an academic term, it is a
World: Since so many students
Vietnamese Youths No Longer Look Homeward
Four Exam Question:
1. Self: As an international student, what my point view has been changed
since I went to De Anza College and melt in society?
2. Text: Do I agree with the Eric Crystal opinion Vietnamese stude
Article: Experience of a Taiwanese Nurse in the United States
Author: Shwu-Ru Liou, PhD, RN, and Ching-Yu Cheng, PhD, RN
1. Dwindling: become smaller or lose substance.
2. Influx: the process of flowing in.
3. Recruit: register formally
Title: Why We Work
Author: ANDREW CURRY
1. Magnate: a person of great influence, importance, or standing in a
particular enterprise, field of business.
2. Trappings: decorations and luxury items.
3. Suburbia: a residential district located on
Hangpeng Zhao (Frank)
The summary and comparison of The World of Our Grandmothers
The author, Young Yu, depicted a story about her grandmothers who were immigrant from China to
America. In the late 19 century, her great grandmother i
Title: Essential Work
Author: John Patterson
1. Longevity: a long individual life; great duration of individual life.
2. Premature: occurring, coming, or done too soon or mature or ripe before
the proper time.
3. Gig: a light bo
Article: Video Games Make People Violent-Well, Maybe Not That
Game: Effects of content and Person Abstraction on Perceptions of
Violent Games Effects and Support of Censorship
Author: James D. Ivory & Sriram Kalyanaraman
UN Security Council
4208th Meeting (AM & PM) UN Press Release
ROLE FOR WOMEN IN PEACE
IS CALLED FOR IN DAY-LONG SECURITY
Speakers Note Continued Under-Representation of Half
of Mankind In Key Se
Us and Them: The Role of Women Today in Peacemaking
By Ambassador Nancy Rubin
Delivered at the United States Institute of Peace Conference Perspectives
Peacebuilding: The Roles of Women in War and Peace,
September 14, 1999
I went to a play by Eve Ensler.
By Julian Ouellet September 2003
The term "peacemaking" is used in several different ways. According to the UN,
peacemaking is "action to bring hostile parties to agreement, essentially through such
peaceful means as those foreseen in Chapter
8 Steps For Conflict Resolution
1. "Know Thyself" and Take Care of Self
2. Clarify Personal Needs Threatened by the Dispute
3. Identify a Safe Place for Negotiation
4. Take a Listening Stance into the Interaction
5. Assert Your Needs Clearly and
Women as Peacemakers
Speech by the Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister for Foreign Affairs the Hon. Chris
Gallus, MP delivered at the UNIFEM Annual General Meeting, Russell St, Melbourne,
13 September 2002.
Ladies and gentlemen
Thank you for the kind
The Teacher Trainer Back Articles
Saved from: http:/www.tttjournal.co.uk
THE MANAGEMENT OF CHANGE
Synopsis of paper presented at IATEFL SIG Symposium January 1991
We can look at change in two ways. We can consider it, first of
Mardi gras made in China
1. Gender issue: 95% of workers are female and 5% are male. Easy to
control women, women are weak.
2. Poor working condition: no air conditioner, the factory are bounded by
3. Regulations: No talking d