Chapter 2 Studying the Family
2.1 Quick Quiz
1) According to the structural-functional theory, the instrumental role in a family is best
carried out by the _.
A) marriage therapist
B) parents of the couple
Page Ref: 32
Chapter 1 The Changing Family
1.1 Quick Quiz
1) According to Social Security laws, which of the following is true of employee health care
A) It does not cover a workers dependent parents.
B) It covers a workers children.
C) It covers a workers c
Module 1 Practice Quiz 1
Module 1 Practice Quiz 1
1/30/2014 5:45:12 PM
Page 1 of 5
1. During a month of calls, you respond to the following patients. Which patient BEST meets the requirement for
A: 26-year-old with
Chapter 13 The Economy and Family Life
13.1 Quick Quiz
1) Which of the following is a characteristic of work?
A) It produces goods, not services.
B) It is limited to physical activities.
C) It consists solely of mental activities.
D) It provides a sense o
Chapter 14 Domestic Violence and Other Family Health Issues
14.1 Quick Quiz
1) The term _ refers to current and former spouses, couples who live together, and
current or former boyfriends or girlfriends.
A) situational partner
B) intimate partner
Chapter 15 Separation, Divorce, Remarriage, and Stepfamilies
15.1 Quick Quiz
1) Glens relationship with his wife isnt going very well and he is worried about who would
complete paying their mortgage if they decided to separate. Which of the following stag
Chapter 11 To Be or Not to Be a Parent: More Choices, More
11.1 Quick Quiz
1) _ are pleasantly surprised and quietly welcoming of a child, even though they
have not specifically planned a pregnancy?
B) Acceptance-of-fate couples
Chapter 16 Families in Later Life
16.1 Quick Quiz
1) _ refers to the average number of years a person can expect to live.
A) Life expectancy
B) Life fitness
C) Living trajectory
D) Living will
Page Ref: 465
A-head: Our Aging Society
Chapter 12 Raising Children: Promises and Pitfalls
12.1 Quick Quiz
1) Which of the following is true of role overload?
A) It indicates conflicts that a person feels within a role.
B) It involves being overburdened by one primary role.
C) It is also known
Chapter 3 The Family in Historical Perspective
3.1 Quick Quiz
1) _ were the most prevalent family form in the first English-speaking settlements in
the United States.
A) Extended families
C) Single parent families
D) Nuclear families
Chapter 6 Love and Loving Relationships
6.1 Quick Quiz
1) Which of the following is a characteristic of love?
A) It is one-dimensional.
B) It is never demanding.
C) It is based on respect.
D) It limits peoples intellectual growth.
Page Ref: 148
Chapter 5 Socialization and Gender Roles
5.1 Quick Quiz
1) _ refers to the chromosomal, hormonal, anatomical, and other physiological
attributes of an individual.
Page Ref: 114
A-head: How Women and Men Are
Chapter 10 Marriage and Communication in Intimate Relationships
10.1 Quick Quiz
1) Which of the following is true of marriage rates in America?
A) Marriage rates are higher among people with college degrees than those without.
B) Marriage rates have been
Chapter 9 Singlehood, Cohabitation, Civil Unions, and Other Options
9.1 Quick Quiz
1) Which of the following is the primary reason for many American singles to consider
A) societal pressure
D) financial stability
Chapter 4 Racial and Ethnic Families: Strengths and Stresses
4.1 Quick Quiz
1) Evan, a social advocate, remarks that there has been a perceptible decrease in the
unauthorized immigrant population since 2007. Which of the following could be a reason
Chapter 7 Sexuality and Sexual Expression throughout Life
7.1 Quick Quiz
1) Which of the following is true of sexual identity?
A) It is a unidimensonal concept.
B) It focuses on psychological instead of biological components.
C) It refers to an awareness
Chapter 8 Choosing Others: Dating and Mate Selection
8.1 Quick Quiz
1) A manifest function of dating is _.
B) fulfillment of ego needs
C) big business
D) love and affection
Page Ref: 212
A-head: Why Do We Date?
Skill level: Know