One Point Questions REMEMBER TO INCLUDE UNITS & SIGNS OR NO PTS
1. If the electric eld is in the positive x direction and has a magnitude given by E(x) = (9.50 V/m4)x3, then the
electric potential is given by V(X) =: 5,. : (as W 1) r '
1' V \. is.
Physics 116 Fall 2011 DELLAI TakeHome Final
Please read each question carefully. Show all work and the equations used. Clearly identify the answer and
the units. Use 3 signicant digits in all your answers.
No Work shown No Points Total Points _110 (
2. An object having a mass of 50.0 grams and a charge of -65 LLC is placed in an electric eld
E = 70.0 V/m i 20.0 V/m j + 55.0 Wm 13.
a. What is the force acting on the object? ANSWER IN VECTOR FORM
b. What is the acceleration of the object?
c. What will
8. An electric immersion water heater, rated at 1000 W, should heat a liter of water from lO'zC to 406 C in about:
9. A certain capacitor, in series with a 600 Q resistor, is being charged. At the end of 3.00 ms its charge is half
the nal value. The capac
4. A square wire loop with 3. 00 m sides is perpendicular to a uniform magnetic eld, with half the area of the
loop 1n the eld, as shown below. The loop contains a 20.0 volt battery with a 25.0 ohm resistance in the circuit.
If the magnitude of the eld va
9. Fill in the table below, each column of which refers to a spherical mirror and real object. Distances are in
centimeters; if a number has no plus or minus Sign in front of it, nd the correct sign.
7. Two long currents are going into the paper. For the gure below, what is the B eld at Point P?
2.0 amps 6.0m 4.0 amp _ A n ,
t 'l<i);26.(34140520.w' $1' (WK/D ) (0) :[,&%<01
/\ 45 l
"* a ,
B W a aamxrag 32.: wrxrorttws, M + w an)
HOW TO SOLVE MULTILOOPS
* P R O C E D U R E *
1. Label all point.
2. Select Direction of analysis.
3. Select current direction.
4. Apply Junction Rule at pt B or pt E.
5. Apply Loop Rule.
6. Use the Array function MINVERSE AND MMULT to solve for current