Chapter 2 Studying the Family
2.1 Quick Quiz
1) According to the structural-functional theory, the instrumental role in a family is best
carried out by the _.
A) marriage therapist
B) parents of the couple
Page Ref: 32
Chapter 3 The Family in Historical Perspective
3.1 Quick Quiz
1) _ were the most prevalent family form in the first English-speaking settlements in
the United States.
A) Extended families
C) Single parent families
D) Nuclear families
Chapter 6 Love and Loving Relationships
6.1 Quick Quiz
1) Which of the following is a characteristic of love?
A) It is one-dimensional.
B) It is never demanding.
C) It is based on respect.
D) It limits peoples intellectual growth.
Page Ref: 148
Chapter 5 Socialization and Gender Roles
5.1 Quick Quiz
1) _ refers to the chromosomal, hormonal, anatomical, and other physiological
attributes of an individual.
Page Ref: 114
A-head: How Women and Men Are
Chapter 1 The Changing Family
1.1 Quick Quiz
1) According to Social Security laws, which of the following is true of employee health care
A) It does not cover a workers dependent parents.
B) It covers a workers children.
C) It covers a workers c
Chapter 10 Marriage and Communication in Intimate Relationships
10.1 Quick Quiz
1) Which of the following is true of marriage rates in America?
A) Marriage rates are higher among people with college degrees than those without.
B) Marriage rates have been
Chapter 9 Singlehood, Cohabitation, Civil Unions, and Other Options
9.1 Quick Quiz
1) Which of the following is the primary reason for many American singles to consider
A) societal pressure
D) financial stability
Chapter 4 Racial and Ethnic Families: Strengths and Stresses
4.1 Quick Quiz
1) Evan, a social advocate, remarks that there has been a perceptible decrease in the
unauthorized immigrant population since 2007. Which of the following could be a reason
Chapter 7 Sexuality and Sexual Expression throughout Life
7.1 Quick Quiz
1) Which of the following is true of sexual identity?
A) It is a unidimensonal concept.
B) It focuses on psychological instead of biological components.
C) It refers to an awareness
Chapter 8 Choosing Others: Dating and Mate Selection
8.1 Quick Quiz
1) A manifest function of dating is _.
B) fulfillment of ego needs
C) big business
D) love and affection
Page Ref: 212
A-head: Why Do We Date?
Skill level: Know