1. David Bowie sandrogynous alter egos sharing the early and 1970s was known
as Ziggy Stardust.
2. The group who provided most of the backing musical tracks for the Memphis-based
Stax and Volt record labels was Booker T and the MGs.
3. The Moody Blues was
22. Which of'thc foIIovviog ntusical styles is one ofthc important influences on the sound
oi'the (hateful Dead r cfw_Tuiuntry and Bluegrass
13. Which ofthe follotving groups would NOT be considered a garage hand'hn'id
Howie and The Spiders from Mn rs
Music 15- Test #2
ESE g i$hie$ It!
L David Bewiesantiregyneus alter eges sharing the earlr anti li'is WES heat-m as-
2. The greup whe presided meet-e1 the banking musical tree-ks Fer the-Memphishhaseti
Start and Velt reeerel laheis was Hea
1. David Bowie sandrogynous alter egos sharing the early and 1970s was known as
2. The group who provided most of the backing musical tracks for the Memphis-based Stax
and Volt record labels was Booker T and the MGs.
3. The Moody Blues was
Feb. 12, 2013
Punk rock is a rock genre that develops between 1974 and 1976 in the United States, the
United Kingdom, and Australia. Punk rock bands avoid perceived excesses of mainstream 1970s
rock. Punk bands cr
Jan. 18, 2013
Question 1 #1
Blues is originated in African-American communities in United States at the end
of 19th century from spirituals, work songs, field hollers, shouts and chants, and rhymed
1. A cover recording is D) a recording made by another artist subsequent to the original
version of the song.
Robert Johnson was C) a Delta blues singer and songwriter.
The High Numbers eventually changed their name to C) the Who.
Jan. 18, 2013
The Beatles Discography
1. Please Please Me
3. With the Beatles
2. Introducing the Beatles
4. Meet the Beatles
5. Jolly What! The Beatles and Frank Ifield
Feb. 9, 2013
The Motown Record Label is a record company originally founded by Berry Gordy, Jr.
The acts that the Motown Record Label has signed with have been slicked professionally, and
their features are highly
Punk rock is a rock music genre that developed between 1974 and 1976 in the
United States, United Kingdom, and Australia. Rooted in garage rock and other forms
of what is now known as protopunk music, punk rock bands rejected perceived
History of Beatles
The band of Beatles started from July 6,1957 in England. There are four
members in this band who are John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and
Ringo Starr. On July 6, 1957, John Lennon, the leader of a band called the Quarry
The General History of Blues
Blues is a genre and musical form that originated in African-American
communities in the "Deep South" of the United States around the end of the 19th
century. There are no written or recorded documents that exist from the era
Study Guide - Exam #2 (Chapters 6-11)
Soul Rhythm and Blues/Gospel influence. Dance (R&B) Intensity (Gospel)
Ray Charles - What Id say parts 1 and 2, Ive Got a Woman. Gospel i
James Brown early music was Gospel-like, please, please
Study Guide Final (Exam #3) (Chapters 12-18 & 20)
Chapter 12 - Hard Rock and Heavy Metal
Heavy Metal bass riffs, heavy backbeat, fuzztone distortion, blues
based, Hard Rock is more commercial than Heavy Metal
Heart- Ann and Nancy Wilson, folk rock
Study Guide - Exam #1 (chapters 1-5)
Recording technology of overdubbing and lip synching
Records 33 LP and 45 (smaller and with a B side)
Affordable TV in homes (1951)
Independent radio and 1954 ruling of Brown vs. Board of
1. What are characteristics of Soul music?
2. What kind of musical background do Ray
Charles and James Brown have?
3. Who was Booker T and the MGs?
4. What are some significant characteristics
about the Motown Compan
5. Who are some Moto
Describe the image, music and influence of
2. What was the British Blues Revival? Name
some bands from the lecture.
3. Who were the three lead guitarists in The
4. Describe the Garage band genre. What
example of th
1. Describe country Blues and name an
2. Describe Classic/City Blues and name
3. Describe Urban/Chicago Blues and
name an artist
4. What is Rhythm and Blues?
5. How is the tone/mood of the Blues
and Rhythm and Blues di
1. What are the musical characteristics
2. Who is the Godfather of Funk?
3. Which funk band dealt with issues of
4. What are the musical traits of Disco/
5. Why did most Disco songs have a
long instrumental introducti
Cats Cradle Vocab
the direct opposite, a sharp contrast
warlike in manner or temperament; quarrelsome
not in harmony; disagreeing, at odds
lively, sprightly, full of energy
The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien
Chapter 1: An Unexpected Party
1. What are some of the features of a hobbit-hole? very comfortable with paneled walls, tiles and
carpeted floors, bedrooms, bathrooms, cellars, pantries, etc.
2. What is a hobbit? a very small