- people bet their willingness to pay.
- First highest pays the price of the 2nd highest
- 2n highest pays the price of the 3rd highest
- If the man goes in
- Income lets us get medication
- a lot of families are saying the priority is to p
A set of shared and evolving discursive habits.
- prescribe and proscribe behavior
- A gender structure share the same gender habits and act influenced
- includes the rules and habits enforced
A gendered structure
- Catholic church forbids female p
SIGI- social institutions and gender index
- its a measure of gender equality
- focus on
is it a gendered structure, or a pattern?
where do they come from?
does it matter?
The Social Institutions and Gender Index (SIGI)
- Endowment effect, people will pay more for things they own and care about.
In behavioral economics, the endowment effect (also known as divestiture aversion) is
the hypothesis that people ascribe more value to things merely because they own them.
Gender and Development: Some Preliminaries
The Grinding poverty of African countries falls heavily on the shoulders of women.
Structures fix the space of feasible action
African societies value elders.
Self Ownership: A critical structure
- most ba
In social anthropology, patrilocal residence or patrilocality (also virilocal residence or
virilocality) is a term referring to the social system in which a married couple resides
with or near the husband's parents. The concept of
Choices- the maximization model
- people make choices to maximize thier happpiness.
- people have constraints
- individual characteristics matter
- X is quantity consumed of first good
- Y is the quantity consumed of the second good
- Utility functio
MARGINAL PRODUCT = F(l)
at l*, the profits are maximized.
There is an income effect.
- effects are evidenced in gendered project
- there are a lot of micro credit programs, where the cost of credit is lowered for
women. This lets women have more household