The Gospel of Cesar Chavez: My Faith in Action
The video begins with professor Mario Garcia explaining about his published book based
on the life of Cesar Chavez, titled The Gospel of Cesar Chavez: My faith in Action. He
describes what he wrote about in
Clark Kerr and the Californian Model of Higher Education
This video presents itself with a remembrance of Clark Kerr on the cover of TIME
magazine. Professor of International Higher Education at the Institute of Education in London,
and Lecturer Simon Mar
- Refers to any set of coherent answers to the dilemmas of human existence that makes the
- It is also a system of beliefs and rituals that helps bind people together in a social group
- e.g., Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Confuc
Sociology: The scientific study of human societies and human behavior in the many groups that
make up a society
Social Conditions: The realities of the life we create together as social beings.
Three Levels Of Analysis;
1. Micro level Sociology: An approa
What is a sociological perspective?
A sociological perspective is a set of ideas and theories
1. Mark : Theory of Religion
2. Weber: Theory of Religion ( Protestant Ethic and Spirit of Capitalism)
3. Durkheim: Theory Of Suicide
Why did William Kornblum be
1. Poverty can best be defined as _.
Your Answer: c. a condition of deprivation due to economic circumstances
that is severe enough that the individual in this condition cannot live with
dignity in his or her society
Visit these links to study
QI ZHU (Olivia)
1. What challenges do gay men in particular face in becoming parents?
Gay also calls homosexual. According to you may ask yourself, it defined that a
person has sexual attraction to or relations with peopl
1. Stratification can best be defined as _.
Your Answer: c. systematic inequalities between groups of people that arise as
intended or unintended consequences of social processes and relationships
Visit these links to study more:
1. Which of the following is NOT a definition of the term culture?
a. anything that humans create
b. a set of beliefs, traditions, and practices
c. social categories, ideologies, and symbolic representations that a group of
people embrace and
1. _ is the process by which people internalize the values, beliefs, and
norms of a given society and learn how to function as members of that society.
a. Symbolic interactionism
c. Role conflict
QI ZHU (Olivia)
1. In U.S. society, entertainment and sports stars are spotlighted in the media when
the public learns of any crime or deviance committed on their part. Explain how
labeling theory might be used to explain
1. Which of the following is an example of a quantitative research method?
a. interviewing people about the role of reading in their lives
b. conducting a survey of peoples reading habits
c. observing children as they learn to read