5.4, 6.2, 6.3 Review
1. If BK = 13, what is KQ?
a. Multiply by 3/2
b. Multiply by 1/3
2. If DM = 33, find DC and CM
a. To find DC, multiply by 2/3
b. To find CM, DC + CM = DM
3. Find Orthocenter (Ex: A (3,5); B (7,5); C (5,3)
a. Find Slope of AB (Always 0
6-4, 6-5 Notes
1. Find the measures of the numbered angles in the rhombus
a. Measure of angle 1 = 90 (Given number)
b. Measure of angle 2 = ALWAYS 90
c. Measure of angle 3 = ALWAYS (Given number)
d. Measure of angle 4 = ALWAYS same as angle 1
2.1 & 2.2 Homework
Find one counterexample to show that each conjecture is false.
1. The sum of two integers is always positive. -4+3=-7
2. The product of two mixed numbers is never a whole number. 4/2*6/2=12
3. All four-sided figures are rectangles.
Geometry mathematical system built on accepted facts, basic terms, and
Undefined Terms basic ideas that you can use to build the definitions of all
other figures in geometry
Point indicates a location and has no size
Line is repre
Orthocenter - intersection of all 3 altitudes
Median a line that starts at a vertex and bisects the opposite side
Centroid intersection of all 3 medians
Altitude a line that starts at a vertex and creates a right angle at the
Anthropology and different discipline (Archeology, Biological/Physical, Cultural, Linguistics)
- Cultural Anthropology- study of cultures and societies of human beings and their very recent past.
Study living cultures and present their observati