1. _ displays consist of erratic movements conducted by the prey to confuse
a predator so the prey may escape.
2. _ is the loss of an old respond, due to a lack of reward or punishment
Ecology Exam 1
1. Positive reasons cited for the construction of reservoirs include all of the
following except to _.
a. Provide greater flood control
b. Increase species diversity
c. Increase water supply
d. Generate electricity
e. Provide recreation
Eco Test 2
1. A human population with a range of heights between 410 and 68 is an example of
A. Continuous variation
B. Phenotypic plasticity
C. Discontinuous variation
D. Gene flow
E. Genetic Drift
2. Animals occurring as separate male and female indi
BIO 3303 Fall 2015 Study Guide for Dr. Fenwicks Final Exam (New Material)
The below concepts will be tested at the same level of detail as in prior exams. This will constitute about
1/3 of the final exam.
Chapter 18 Genomics
Gram Stain Exercise
October 3, 2016
BIO 3054 - Fall 2016
The purpose of this experiment was to gain experience with the Gram stain
technique as to adequately identify types of unknown bacteria in the clinical an
an: without, not
esthesia: nervous sensation
Definition: loss of feeling in a person's body or part of the body through the use of drugs;
Loss of sensation with or without loss of consciousness.
para: beside, beyond, near
site: a place
Definition: an organism that lives in or on another organism (its host) and benefits by deriving
nutrients at the host's expense.
Sentence: The parasite quickly seq